New Kitchen Installed - Is electrical work satisfactory?

I have had a NAPIT completion certificate.

That's in order then as that is your record of the work being notified to LABC under the self certification as compliant with Part P.

As for the lack of RCD on socket ccts - the regs in Sept 07 only required RCD protection on sockets that could be used for portable equipment out doors (sic)

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. All cleared up then.

Will accept what the fitters have done.

Still going to contact an electician to get the CU updated though.

Warren

4mm CPC on 6mm T&E for the cooker circuit? I doubt they really used this.

My biggest concern is the lack of recorded ring continuity on the first certificate. You may have an issue with the circuit, which whilst it may not be their fault and a reasonable chargeable extra, they still have a duty to leave the circuit safe, or not touch it.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

can you explain in laymans terms what the issue may be? Should I be concerned about anything?

Not sure what you mean by lack of recorded ring continuity.

Thanks
Warren

They got r2 the same as R2 also - unless it's a co-incidence that the resistance between the MET and the CPC of a spur (R2) has exactly the same resistance as the end to end resistance or the RFC (r2) :confused:

basically sockets on a ring main protected by a 30A fuse (like yours) need to be made sure they are a ring. You do this by making sure there is continuity of the live neutraul and earth to make sure each one is a complete loop with no breaks. He has a earth reading, but there should be live and neautraul readings too. If its not a loop for some reason, the cable is not rated at the 30A fuse and could potentially cattch fire..

First cert:
(1) no indication of supply type.

(2) number of points served not filled in (not a major problem just lazy not completing it).

(3) No adequacey of main earthing (if it aint there why have they listed EEBADS & even completed the work).

(4) No equipotential bonding (see 3).

(5) No results for r1 & rn (suspect they may have found lack of continuity on line & neutral end to end test).

Cert 2:
(1) No adequacey of main earthing (if it aint there why have they listed EEBADS & even completed the work).

(2) No equipotential bonding (see 1).

(3) no indication of supply type.

Cert 3:

(1) no indication of supply type.

(2) No adequacey of main earthing (if it aint there why have they listed EEBADS & even completed the work).

(3) No equipotential bonding (see 2).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back