new shower crossed wires??

you are not wrong - ban all sheds
the ex tails are 6sq i think - hence the request to the net to put bigger ones in

what- even bike sheds - where will the kids go for a smoke , not to mention copping a quick...

Sponsored Links
You have not had an electrician in your home, no one, and i mean no one would be stupid enough to put an 30mA RCBO on the 30mA RCD side of a split load board.

what- even bike sheds - where will the kids go for a smoke , not to mention copping a quick...
banfv7.jpg

not

nobanhd9.jpg

Anyway - one down....

Even if, as it would appear, he has put the RCBO 'after' the RCD it seems even dumber then to put the RCBO's neutral on the unprotected neutral bar.

I suppose he could have wired it correctly for the wrong installation and there could be a fault somewhere else.

Either that or he really doesn't have a clue.

Sponsored Links
Ban some sheds or ban 75% of sheds 'cos 25% have already gone does not have quite the same ring to it.

Carry on with Ban All Sheds for now.

You are winning though, quietly away!

Ban some sheds or ban 75% of sheds 'cos 25% have already gone does not have quite the same ring to it.

Carry on with Ban All Sheds for now.

You are winning though, quietly away!

hmm, sheddy, 'winning', is this a Sheenism?

Why won't it start ? It's all in the name.....

It is sulking..... homesick for the sea

Corolla spectabilis = is a species of sea butterfly, a floating and swimming sea snail or sea slug

It takes a proper electrician after three pages to divulge the thing that no one else has: he's put the RCBO's neutral tail into the wrong busbar.

Cowboy.

Yes. Or he has put the live of the feed to the shower in the RCBO and the neutral in the neutral busbar (thinking that an RCBO is like an MCB).
I would really like to see a pic of the inside of that CU.

Page 2
It's a RCBO flylead in the wrong neutral bus. I'm amazed that no one else can work that out
Page 3
It takes a proper electrician after three pages to divulge the thing that no one else has: he's put the RCBO's neutral tail into the wrong busbar.
It could well be - probably is but we still don't KNOW

My confusion was securespark says it took three pages to mention it when actually I thought it was JohnW2 Who first proposed the possible problem and solution on page 1 :!:

If that's the case, then I think it's very likely that he's connected the RCBO to the wrong neutral (the RCD, rather than non-RCD, one) Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back