New Vacuum - which one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
we need a new vacuum - the one we have is on it's last legs.
we have a mixture of wooden floors, lino floors and carpet. We also have stairs so need an attachment to clear the stairs.
the oh doesn't want a cylinder as in the past these have given her backache.

Would prefer bagless with good filters.

What should I be on the look out for? And what sort of budget should I be looking at?

Cheers
Rich

if this is in the wrong place I apologise and ask a mod to move please.

Sponsored Links
In the "Which" tests Miele dominate the top rankers, especially for cylinders. It is harder and more expensive to get a really good upright, but the top few of the Which best buys (best first) (uprights only shown here) were:

Miele Allervac (Power Plus) S7280 £260
Miele S 7210 Black £220
Miele S 7210 £220
Miele S 7510 AutoCare £300
Miele S 7260 Cat & Dog £260
Dyson DC25 Ball Animal £300
Dyson DC25 Multi Floor £242
Sebo Felix 1 Premium £205
Dyson DC33 Animal £248

And some more. The ones at the top of this list scored significantly higher than the ones at the bottom.

You can read the entire review free in your local library.

Just bought another Miele (cat and dog). The previous Miele finally broke down; had it for 16 yers and never anything wrong with it.

Sponsored Links
Has to be miele everytime . Im a main repair agent for one of the best known in the past for vac's but sadly due to now being produced on the cheap in china they dont even come remotely close to miele. When i needed my own vac i could of bought the make i service at a discount of them but i didnt i went to john lewis and bought a miele so that says it all really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back