New wireless doorbell: less than month won't ring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our ancient wired bell was replaced, because the transformer was suspected of causing BB problems. In its place I bought a wireless replacement that my daughter's husband helped me install. Age has made us less useful with our hands!

It worked well, though the button required some pressure, but yesterday neither I nor my wife had enough force to make the system work. Again that can be attributed to waning muscles, but we do seem to have fewer callers. :).
Is there something amiss with the installation; what is the best way to make the bell easier to ring. Please!

Sponsored Links
Return it, you should not be Charles Atlas (remember him?) to use it(n)

Sponsored Links
Broadband. My connection was all over the shop and there was noise from the transformer, badly installed too by prev owner probably 20+ years ago.

A wireless doorbell is more likely to cause broadband issues than a wired one.

My connection was all over the shop and there was noise from the transformer,
Not likely to be the problem, and even if it was, a new transformer would have resolved that.

The new one may have failed because the cheap-o-matic button got stuck in and was transmitting radio interference continuously until the battery expired.
Either way, wireless efforts are significantly inferior to the wired one you have before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back