New wireless thermostat reads high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new boiler and wireless thermostat (Honeywell) fitted in August. I've become increasingly convinced that the thermostat is set high. I have set the daytime temperature to go off at 20 degrees. When the heating comes on at 0630h (from a 14 degrees overnight setting so it's effectively off all night) the stat is still reading 19 after a coolish night. It rises to 21 and stays there for quite a while still calling for heat. It does eventually switch off the heat. Are these devices calibrated in a certain way as mine seems to love 21 degrees and is reluctant to let go? I also doubt that the temperature this morning is anything like 19 degrees in the hall, which feels cool to me.

Sponsored Links
You can adjust the temperature offset depending on what model you have. Is it sited in a warm place such as in sunlight, near a lamp, rad or tv? I adjusted mine so that it 'gelt' right. Check it with another thermometer. https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/honeywell-dt90e-thermostat-setting-up-help-needed.217838/

9A222E0D-E2D3-4E96-8491-7C760114A83D.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back