New Year, New Resolution - Acceptable topics for GD

Ok. Custard creams are people too. Lets see how long we can make this interesting thread last. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Sponsored Links
Cooking is one of my favourite hobby's.
As many, I love Indian food / curry. However, it's the hardest to get right by a country mile.
True Indian curry's / dishes though, are nothing like BIR which we are used to. One of my ex work colleagues was Indian, and as she knew I was into cooking, sometimes brought me something to work to take home for the evening meal. I can't really describe the difference, but it was better than you would find in your typical Indian restaurant - and often hotter.

Sponsored Links
Just keep it biscuits please...
No way Pedro - I love cooking, same as Fender, but my favourite is Italian, followed by Thai, Chinese and English - not necessarily in that order though.

Jamaican food, now that's quality.
There's a lovely restaurant in downtown Kingston(The Yard), does the meanest curried goat, ackee and saltfish.

My favourite food dish has to be Paella.

Favourite biscuit= my mum's homemade shortbread.

Cooking is one of my favourite hobby's.
As many, I love Indian food / curry. However, it's the hardest to get right by a country mile.
True Indian curry's / dishes though, are nothing like BIR which we are used to. One of my ex work colleagues was Indian, and as she knew I was into cooking, sometimes brought me something to work to take home for the evening meal. I can't really describe the difference, but it was better than you would find in your typical Indian restaurant - and often hotter.

Almost all 'Indian' restaurants are actually run by Muslims from the Sylhet district of Bangladesh. The pioneers invented a style of food using available ingredients in the UK. I like it, but it's nothing like the food I've had in regional Indian restaurants. It is based around a pre-prepared onion sauce to which ingredients are added to make the dish e.g. meat, fish, coconut, or cream, or fresh chillis and boiled potatoes. Gujarati food is nothing like food from the southern Dravidian states. Punjabi food is different again. It's a bit like characterising European food as being Italian, or Spanish.

I see Gasman is doing his best to feck up all threads with his obsessive hatred. Can't you give it a fecking rest matey boy? Or see a soddin' shrink for your mental issues. (n)

But you can't beat traditional Indian food.
I am a meat lover but I can suffer going without when it comes to homemade Indian food.

As you say, most "Indian"restaurants are Pakistani/Bangladeshi. The Curry Mile" in Manchester has many, many restaurants that advertise Indian food but only a couple offer a true traditional menu.

Almost all 'Indian' restaurants are actually run by Muslims from the Sylhet district of Bangladesh. The pioneers invented a style of food using available ingredients in the UK. I like it, but it's nothing like the food I've had in regional Indian restaurants. It is based around a pre-prepared onion sauce to which ingredients are added to make the dish e.g. meat, fish, coconut, or cream, or fresh chillis and boiled potatoes. Gujarati food is nothing like food from the southern Dravidian states. Punjabi food is different again. It's a bit like characterising European food as being Italian, or Spanish.
I care not a jot if they are run by Muslims. Don't start again. English 'Indian food ' is nothing like the real thing. I have eaten food in our Indian friends houses and it tasted fantastic. India is so diverse in their regions of food. Most of India is vegeterian, some regions use different oils etc to cook foods. Did you know that Spaghetti Bol is an English dish and NEVER served in Italy?

Sponsored Links
Back