Newish (3years) bathroom tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to sort this corner out?
It is a 3 year old new build. The plastic strips which go along the edges of these tiles in the boxing at the back of the bath seem to be cracking and coming out of line. Have checked and there is no water underneath, wooden frame under all seems good, wasn't the best tiling job to begin with, but just want to try and stick this all back before it gets worse.

Thanks in advance.

Bathroom1.jpg

Bathroom2.jpg

Bathroom3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like it's been like that since install.
Thanks for posting, you are right, I managed to find a pic from the day I got my keys and that plastic trim was like that. But the top tile was flush with the plastic trim. It has very slightly started to stick up. I have tried to point it out in the below pictures.
Also, I am getting some cracks between the tiles by the shower controls. Any ideas on how I can try and prevent this getting any worse?

Bath1.jpg

Bath2.jpg

Shower-Controls.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hard to say without know what the substrate is underneath or the bonding method for the tiles.

It's possible the grout had too much water in or there wasn't enough thinset, but even properly installed tiles can get cracked grout eventually.

You can rake out a small area and replace, doing a careful colour match. But this may be tricky if a non standard colour or mixture has been used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back