News of the World

Sponsored Links
imamartian said:
Why, apart from it's alleged malpractice, is the paper any worse than any other tabloid?

That's a fair question and I suspect it, or something like it, will come up on Question Time tonight. There's no doubt that some dubious journalism has been going on and the culprits need sorting out but that in itself would not be a good reason to abolish the entire publication.

Has this been done in the expectation that it will soon become commercially unviable as advertisers turn their backs on it? Or is it a grand gesture designed to deflect attention away from the nitty-gritty detail of who did what so that the malpractices can quietly carry on somewhere else?

PS:

Nige F said:
You also remember H+E ...Parade..Harrison Marks

I think I knew somebody who kept a copy of Parade hidden under his bed ;) ;) ;) but the other titles were unknown to me at the time. Most of us had heard of Playboy but we never saw a complete edition. :( :( :( We counted ourselves lucky if somebody sneaked in a few torn out pages! How sad is that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He got there by creating news and selling it to muppets who take it all in then post about it on internet forums.

Yeah, I've got no time for idiots who believe everything they read in a paper, they're almost as bad as hose dheads who swallow ridiculous conspiracy theories.................like that one about the yanks doing themselves in at the twin towers. :rolleyes:

He got there by creating news and selling it to muppets who take it all in then post about it on internet forums.

Yeah, I've got no time for idiots who believe everything they read in a paper, they're almost as bad as hose dheads who swallow ridiculous conspiracy theories.................like that one about the yanks doing themselves in at the twin towers. :rolleyes:

but where do you get your info from then? if you watch the news on tv, they steal most of their info from the tabloids... what is the 'actual truth'?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the NoTW was an escape goat for the rest of the tabloid rags, in my view they should all be regulated more heavily with serious repercussions for any foul play or bias news reporting.
But we already have our pound of flesh.

without the newspapers the MPs would still be on the fiddle

I dont think Mystic Meg saw that one coming!

"I believe that sooner rather than later, the readership will rebel....... the advertisers will withdraw en masse, and the News of the World...........will become history".

Guess who did?

Sponsored Links
Back