Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Kier Starmer

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who do you think will be the next PM?

Simple Poll for the most obvious candidates. Note that I don't say who should be PM as that's a very different topic.

Sponsored Links
I voted Rishi but will support whoever blue

Blue is the colour - Tories are the game.
Hunt them for fun, hunt them for sport.
Culling the weak and the lame.
:whistle:

Rishi 3 - 2 de Piffle.
An early lead with all to play for...

BBC politics has a count of supporters as follows:

Sunak 102,
Johnson 46,
Mordaunt 21

The Tory party is polling incredibly badly, they're a laughing stock domestically and internationally and there's significant pressure to call a General Election.
In that state they can either gamble on a PM who was hounded out of office after innumerable scandals with a popularity level in the toilet, or the runner up of the last leadership election who was seen to be right on every prediction he made?

Rishi is the safe choice, I don't think the Tories want to gamble in Boris again.

Sponsored Links
Moodys has just lowered the UK credit rating to 'negative' just at the moment de Piffle jets back to 'save' the nation.
Coincidence?
I think not.

The real q., though is who voted for Keir Starmer in our poll?:sneaky:

*Not me.

Weirdo Fawkes has Johnson on 70, but then he is mates with Bojo.

no real choice
Boris could be out in a few days - if found to deliberately have mislead parliament by the privileges committee and force a byelection , reported as meeting 3 times a week from next month - that would destroy the market again

no real choice
Boris could be out in a few days - if found to deliberately have mislead parliament by the privileges committee and force a byelection , reported as meeting 3 times a week from next month - that would destroy the market again
I don't suppose many of the Tory MPs are that bothered about such consequences. Certainly those BJ supporters are so ideologically driven any repercussions are immaterial, and will be blamed on other factors.
Certainly if it goes out to Tory members, they won't give a hoot about repercussions.

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Simple Poll for the most obvious candidates. Note that I don't say who should be PM as that's a very different topic.
If bringing bozza back is their best option then that shows how bad things really are.
An ex prime minister who had to be dragged out of downing Street kicking and screaming less than 3 months ago.
I always knew things would get worse when the queen departed but I never imagined it would be this bad this quickly.

BBC politics has a count of supporters as follows:

Sunak 102,
Johnson 46,
Mordaunt 21

The Tory party is polling incredibly badly, they're a laughing stock domestically and internationally and there's significant pressure to call a General Election.
In that state they can either gamble on a PM who was hounded out of office after innumerable scandals with a popularity level in the toilet, or the runner up of the last leadership election who was seen to be right on every prediction he made?

Rishi is the safe choice, I don't think the Tories want to gamble in Boris again.
He would not have been forced to resign if there was any chance that the enquiry would find bozza innocent.
He won't be found innocent and more scandal and shame will be exposed for poor bozza.
And some people actually want him to be placed back in charge of this country?
Is there a case of collective dementia?
Mostly, this embarrassing charade shows the levels of ignorance in the majority of the populace.

If bringing bozza back is their best option then that shows how bad things really are.
An ex prime minister who had to be dragged out of downing Street kicking and screaming less than 3 months ago.
I always knew things would get worse when the queen departed but I never imagined it would be this bad this quickly.
I find it gobsmacking that having been forced out he genuinely believes he did nothing wrong. Otherwise he wouldn't be prepared to stand again, if he had any morals.

How does the DIYnot poll compare with the real world?

The only people with an actual vote, for the moment, are Conservative MPs.

I hear Sunak leading by a furlong, Johnson fallen off and eating grass, Mordaunt stopped to sign autographs

Sponsored Links
Back