NHS, what should and should not be treated.

Sponsored Links
UHOH!

You didn't misread my post and make the wrong assumption?

Thankyou.... At least Nigel Notch the dinosaur is pretty astute when it comes to figuring out the detail.

Now what does that make you, can i wait for an apology after you've made me a nice cuppa tea n biscuits? Go on.. off you pop :D

Honestly some of you on here make me look half intelligent, you're such a rookie ;) i'm gathering half my age too.

Lets have a look at this.. where's my hissy fit? Where's my foot stomping tantrum?

Ok on the attack i did call you a poof because you made some silly comment about me being a despicable human, well i replied after i stopped crying..

Anyway i was going to say until you misinterpreted me again you're so way off the mark its funny, I use this place predominantly as a bit of fun and a bit of banter. People like you are far too sensitive most of the time, lighten up.

Going back to the Renault CLito advert, I'll say it again you chose to imply i somehow feel threatened it's such a predictable response (what's up you afraid or something?) no it's an opinion that differs to yours in taste and approval. It's you that seems to eb towards sexual or racial intolerance flags in your back pocket next to the hanky, or whatever intolerance in an instant. Grow a pair for god sake we are not all tippy toeing around society scared to speak out of turn. If I think it's wrong in my mind I normally say so, it's a forum for debate.

Anyway I'll say it again personally I don't think we need bi gender-neutral +×÷/ recurring-half-hetero-bionic-women adverts to advertise cars etc it's a cynical ploy by companies to promote themselves. But alot of gay people on twitter absolutely love it, well supposedly do, but afterall it's rather trendy at the moment to have anxiety about not knowing what exists beneath your belt line. And as i rightly pointed out, advertising currently is more female/gender diverse dominated. You pointed out women were oppressed for so long and now it's their time but they wanted equality didn't they? We were debating this on a thurs night out mix of men and women we all agreed that advert whilst tastefully produced was a well timed strategic marketing campaign which included and excluded all at the same time.

It's the same with my friend who has big tea parties and cake for the coffin dodgers so they sign up to his deal of the month funeral deals and everyone is a winner, its appealing but some would say a bit tasteless. See what I mean?

Anyway.. where's my tea? :p
Ah, the old chestnut about lightening up when challenged, lol.

Perhaps you should look at the choice of phase you use - like saying men are regulated to the rubbish bin because of an advert aimed at same-sex. Just the fact that you feel the need to comment at all on the advert, let alone say that about men makes you come over as uptight, upset and feeling wronged. Most people these days wouldn't really blink an eye at such an advert, let alone feel like they've been made to feel worthless.

I can only go on what you write.. and a whole lot of it is negative towards anything other than your little bubble of safe, outdated, straight white male opinions.

Fair point..
Thank you.

but is minority humour based on a long history of put-downs and stereotyping?
It might be but then so is much of all (majority) humour.

I don't see why we should always accept cruelty as humour.
A lot of humour might be described as cruel but I think my point is that it is only cruelty against some which is condemned.

One example: Last night on The Last Leg Joe Lycett 'joked' that he would like to shag Tom Daley; a married man.

Would the equivalent from a straight comedian be accepted or called male chauvinist piggery - and indeed these days classed as misogyny and abuse?

Ah, the old chestnut about lightening up when challenged, lol.

Perhaps you should look at the choice of phase you use - like saying men are regulated to the rubbish bin because of an advert aimed at same-sex. Just the fact that you feel the need to comment at all on the advert, let alone say that about men makes you come over as uptight, upset and feeling wronged. Most people these days wouldn't really blink an eye at such an advert, let alone feel like they've been made to feel worthless.

I can only go on what you write.. and a whole lot of it is negative towards anything other than your little bubble of safe, outdated, straight white male opinions.

I said relegated to the bin and said it would be nicer if there were a few homo's in the back and or girls were bi sexual etc.. (tongue in cheek..) wasted.

Now back you go, cuppa tea and apology please. Copy and paste if you want:

Dearest Fester, whilst i can be a bit of a stroppy sod at times i apologise for my hair trigger responses, and will read your posts properly before reaching for my little flags, i will happily make you tea n biscuits for the next 20 years.

:D

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Personally, I like the adverts that show a 'typical' British family and none of them seem to be the same race or colour. Discuss. Here we go...:whistle:

NHS are really starting to ration some non essential treatments. Couple of years ago, I wanted to get my varicose veins sorted. Had to apply to local health trust through GP for funding and fill in some B.S. form pretending that they were hurting and causing walking problems. Got them done, but had to jump through hoops.

I had a hernia operation about 4 years ago. NHS were full so they sent me to a private hospital. My mate has a hernia now and he tells me that NHS aren’t doing them anymore, not even subbing them out apparently.

Should I post my usual thread stopper of devine knowledge, or should I just STFU???

Is there anyone left on soshal meedy who lives in the real world? Is there anyone left who still considers & promotes our NHS to be 'free' healthcare???

I'm in serious danger of pointing out the bleeding obvious, yet I would be battling against those sock puppets who belong to the warriors (& government cotractors) who seek to alter your primitive states of mind.

We have an NHS, it was hard fought & won for, yet we are in serious danger of losing it. And nobody seems to GAF how or why.

Thank you.

It might be but then so is much of all (majority) humour.

A lot of humour might be described as cruel but I think my point is that it is only cruelty against some which is condemned.

One example: Last night on The Last Leg Joe Lycett 'joked' that he would like to shag Tom Daley; a married man.

Would the equivalent from a straight comedian be accepted or called male chauvinist piggery - and indeed these days classed as misogyny and abuse?

Spot on EFL, reminded me recently of Fleabag which i do find amusing at times, her statement at the awards:

"It's so wonderful and reassuring to know that a dirty, pervy, angry and messed-up woman can make it to the Emmys," joked Waller-Bridge on stage

Imagine a man saying that today omfg!!

Personally, I like the adverts that show a 'typical' British family and none of them seem to be the same race or colour. Discuss. Here we go...:whistle:

Agree they mostly follow a particular gendered mix as well don't they.

:whistle:

I had a hernia operation about 4 years ago. NHS were full so they sent me to a private hospital. My mate has a hernia now and he tells me that NHS aren’t doing them anymore, not even subbing them out apparently.

Yes, my father had something similar. Needed his cataracts doing, but Bristol NHS too busy. Ended up having them done on the NHS by a top surgeon in a very good private hospital.

I think The NHS is in worse shape than we know, and many treatments that severely affect peoples' lives are quietly being withdrawn.

So your argument is based on a number plucked out of the air.

You just argued against yourself.

Tell me how much Debt from QE is on the BOE books and what now happens to its plans of reversing QE when it begins to wind down its balance sheet?
Tell me how many illegal immigrants.illegal medical tourists illegal claimants.etc etc are in the UK?

Sponsored Links
Back