NHS, what should and should not be treated.

Sponsored Links
The number is irrelevant, its tiny......as confirmed above.
In Nania Notchy....all figures are irrelavant,unless you are quoting them of course...Then they are "fact"..accurate to 3 decimal places.

I said relegated to the bin and said it would be nicer if there were a few homo's in the back and or girls were bi sexual etc.. (tongue in cheek..) wasted.

Now back you go, cuppa tea and apology please. Copy and paste if you want:

Dearest Fester, whilst i can be a bit of a stroppy sod at times i apologise for my hair trigger responses, and will read your posts properly before reaching for my little flags, i will happily make you tea n biscuits for the next 20 years.

:D
I have no idea what you're on about let alone what I am supposed to apologise for. So I wont.

Sponsored Links
Thank you.

It might be but then so is much of all (majority) humour.

A lot of humour might be described as cruel but I think my point is that it is only cruelty against some which is condemned.

One example: Last night on The Last Leg Joe Lycett 'joked' that he would like to shag Tom Daley; a married man.

Would the equivalent from a straight comedian be accepted or called male chauvinist piggery - and indeed these days classed as misogyny and abuse?
I wouldn't say that Joe Lycetts joke is cruel, would you? Exact opposite. I don't think it's the funniest of jokes, not sure if it's misogyny or remotely abusive that he made but it certainly isn't cruel.

I grew up with jokes about chaining women to the bedroom, as long as they could reach the kitchen sink, jokes about black people, jokes about gay people and this was considered the norm back then. Combined with the fact that these people really WERE classed as lesser citizens then comedy based on this becomes a bit less funny.

I really do not have a problem with people now kicking back after so so many years of the jokes, I do agree that some of the kickback, such as the TV adverts showing such mixed families is a bit of a misinterpretation but I also said in the other thread about the car advert that in time, this will all calm down. When I see still such opinions against minority groups and women being called 'fat munters' etc then I also realise that society still has a long way to go before people truly accept everyone as equal.

When I see still such opinions against minority groups and women being called 'fat munters' etc then I also realise that society still has a long way to go before people truly accept everyone as equal.

Oh gawd.. hang on so i joke we joke amongst mates call eachother a fat fcker etc. In fact my better half will say 'ew he's a bit of a porker' or 'lard ass' carrying a spare tyre etc.. is that ok?

But i can't call a fat munter.. err a fat munter :D

Fat shaming. - Now i don't holler in the street 'hey you fat muntah!' that's a bit far for me.
At the same time i think there's alot wrong with society saying 'hey it's ok to be obese or fat it's beautiful' no it's not ok it's killing you. Look at obesity figures its all wrong and this is the issue with society today, and putting a massive strain on the NHS.

This is where i believe NHS charges should differ.

If you are a obese unfit smoking etc, you should be paying more if you consistently live as such,

I wouldn't say that Joe Lycetts joke is cruel, would you? Exact opposite.
Not sure. You were the one who introduced cruelty.

I don't think it's the funniest of jokes,
Whether funny or not is irrelevant.

not sure if it's misogyny or remotely abusive that he made but it certainly isn't cruel.
Of course it isn't misogyny. Tom Daley is a man. Again cruelty has nothing to do with it directly.
You seem to be missing the point that this 'joke' was accepted without question. Would the equivalent from a straight comedian about a famous married woman be treated the same?

I grew up with jokes about chaining women to the bedroom, as long as they could reach the kitchen sink, jokes about black people, jokes about gay people and this was considered the norm back then. Combined with the fact that these people really WERE classed as lesser citizens then comedy based on this becomes a bit less funny.
Again, the funniness is irrelevant.
My question was "Why is macho male chauvinism not treated as a 'normal' minority in the same way as other minorities?".
Indeed, if it were actually the normal majority, what then?

I really do not have a problem with people now kicking back after so so many years of the jokes, I do agree that some of the kickback, such as the TV adverts showing such mixed families is a bit of a misinterpretation but I also said in the other thread about the car advert that in time, this will all calm down.
Ok.

When I see still such opinions against minority groups and women being called 'fat munters' etc
Why?
Do you also object to the equivalent for a fat bloke? Can't think of a word. I am sure women must have one.

then I also realise that society still has a long way to go before people truly accept everyone as equal.
Do you mean by saying similar rude things about everyone it would be better? Is that not the case already?

My point all along is that only such things against minorities are considered unacceptable, then those minorities can say what ever they want without question.

Oh gawd.. hang on so i joke we joke amongst mates call eachother a fat fcker etc. In fact my better half will say 'ew he's a bit of a porker' or 'lard ass' carrying a spare tyre etc.. is that ok?

But i can't call a fat munter.. err a fat munter :D

Fat shaming. - Now i don't holler in the street 'hey you fat muntah!' that's a bit far for me.
At the same time i think there's alot wrong with society saying 'hey it's ok to be obese or fat it's beautiful' no it's not ok it's killing you. Look at obesity figures its all wrong and this is the issue with society today, and putting a massive strain on the NHS.

This is where i believe NHS charges should differ.

If you are a obese unfit smoking etc, you should be paying more if you consistently live as such,
Question to you..
Why is picking you up on your childish name calling mean that I have acceptance and celebration of people who are obese? You really do like filling in the blanks with nonsense don't you?!

I for one, just so you understand, know that most obese people are perfectly aware that they are obese. I don't know the reasons for why they are in that way (no self-control, unhappiness, addictive personality, depression whatever) but I DO know that calling someone a fat munter does absolutely nothing to help improve the situation. All it does is show up the name caller to be an unkind tosser, who, at his age, really should know better!

They give as good as they get now, and often back then , especially on some TV shows (Love thy neighbour is a classic case) the "whitey" came off worse.

Not sure. You were the one who introduced cruelty.

Whether funny or not is irrelevant.

Of course it isn't misogyny. Tom Daley is a man. Again cruelty has nothing to do with it directly.
You seem to be missing the point that this 'joke' was accepted without question. Would the equivalent from a straight comedian about a famous married woman be treated the same?

Again, the funniness is irrelevant.
My question was "Why is macho male chauvinism not treated as a 'normal' minority in the same way as other minorities?".
Indeed, if it were actually the normal majority, what then?

Ok.

Why?
Do you also object to the equivalent for a fat bloke? Can't think of a word. I am sure women must have one.

Do you mean by saying similar rude things about everyone would be better? Is that not the case?

My point all along is that only such things against minorities are considered unacceptable, then those minorities can say what ever they want without question.
I did already explain why on a lot of things - you have to look at the long history and background to understand why now it's become unequal - the other way.

I don't think Joe's joke was anything tbh. And if a male comedy act included the bloke saying he'd like to shag Angelina Jolie I wouldn't think that was sexist or in bad taste, just not really funny.. Perhaps your example is poor?

Do you mean by saying similar rude things about everyone it would be better? Is that not the case already?

No, why would you think such a thing? No jokes based on cruelty would be better.

And I do wonder why you have to question that you have an issue about being against minorities being pulled up (when I've explained all the history part) and that jokes done by minorities being 'ok' is unfair? Did you ever question all those jokes back in the 6-'s and 70's and say they were unfair?

I guess you think that it's unfair too that black people use the 'n'word and that white people can't?

Last edited by a moderator:
And plenty of shows where they didn't.
Can't think of any. One of the kids at my school was/is a muslim, he was known as Gandhi (not his real name), many hand wringers may deem this highly offensive. He has since been on TV (one of those antique/boot fair type show) and he was referred to as Gandhi, it's what he answers to.

Can't think of any. One of the kids at my school was/is a muslim, he was known as Gandhi (not his real name), many hand wringers may deem this highly offensive. He has since been on TV (one of those antique/boot fair type show) and he was referred to as Gandhi, it's what he answers to.
Urm, even the fact that the 'whitey' used to get it at the end shows it's racist - we are supposed to show pity for the old silly xenophobes, the shows made them endearing and the behaviour acceptable. Don't forget the derogatory names used and all the stuff about the great white British empire. These shows were full of racist stereotypes.

Sponsored Links
Back