NICEIC forms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are the NICEIC (full scope) EIC forms in duplicate i.e. is there a carbon copy sheet below the original?
I am asking where a NICEIC approved contractor has installed a new circuit and there is no evidence of the EIC ever existing, are they required to keep a copy?

Sponsored Links
Is that a yes on both counts, carbon copy and they have to keep one?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
OK thanks, I will ask them to forward a copy of the certificate through though I won't be holding my breath - I have been asking for 2 years now! I think I will probably end up going down the NICEIC complaints route.

I have been asking for a schematic diagram for a commercial heating system, they fob me off with the excuse that it wasn't asked for. Surely this would come under BS7671 Information and Diagrams??
Does anyone here provide schematics for control systems?

is it a bespoke system design or an off the shelf jobbie?

Can't the manufacturer, rather than the installer provide the details?

It was bespoke, there isn't a main panel as such.
It consists of a 4 ch timer, relays, valves, boiler, pumps and thermostats. There's a mix of LV and ELV.

OIC.
Still, I'm wondering if banging you head against the wall of NIC towers trying to get some info that may not exist 2 years on might be more of a headache than trying to trace out all the wiring and making the diagrams your self.

Is there a problem with the system or are you just after a copy cert?

There isn't a problem with the system however it was designed with the intention of adding to it.
It isn't a new thing, we have been asking for this information since the system was installed and are continually being fobbed off.
I would settle for a copy of the certificate to prove it was commissioned in accordance with the regs. It is a public access building so need paperwork in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back