Nicola Sturgeons husband arrested.

Sponsored Links
Completely over the top pre publicised police “raid” taking away “evidence” and creating a csi ambience. They've been investigating for 18 months, and its set up like dawn raid arranged with no time to spare. Someone's been leaning on the polis. Unlike trumpp at least sturgy had the decency to resign.

Blup.
It would be the decent thing to do, if she suddenly became compromised. But if she resigned in order to avoid scrutiny, its a different thing.

It's quite common for police officers to suddenly retire, when caught doing wrong. They do so to avoid disciplinary action which might affect their pension. It's not really doing the decent thing. Doing the decent thing is holding ones hands up [noting we have nothing yet to say she should hold her hands up].

It would be the decent thing to do, if she suddenly became compromised. But if she resigned in order to avoid scrutiny, its a different thing.

It's quite common for police officers to suddenly retire, when caught doing wrong. They do so to avoid disciplinary action which might affect their pension. It's not really doing the decent thing. Doing the decent thing is holding ones hands up [noting we have nothing yet to say she should hold her hands up].
I dont think shes done anything wrong, but the right wing media asking questions like did she know her husband was about to be arrested is a disingenuous attempt to stir things up. The “decent” thing was to anticipate the impact all this could have on herself, her family, her party and the case for independence. One of the factors that must have weighed in her decision whether or not to go in my opinion.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Plod are still searching there house
And removing items ?

Perhaps he hid the money in the house ??

Makes Johnson’s sausage roll / party caper look a bit tame ???

I dont think shes done anything wrong, but the right wing media asking questions like did she know her husband was about to be arrested is a disingenuous attempt to stir things up. The “decent” thing was to anticipate the impact all this could have on herself, her family, her party and the case for independence. One of the factors that must have weighed in her decision whether or not to go in my opinion.

Blup

lets not make this about right or left wing.

her party was reported by a number of individuals who had provided funding for a referendum campaign and the money was spent elsewhere, which breaks some rules apprently, enough rules for the police to get involved.

Apparently the SNP was on it's knees financially and needed propping up.

Sturgeon was at the helm at the time of the offences and her husband was chief executive, so they should be held to account should things be found to be of wrong doing.

Sturgeon herself has been rather vocal of opposition leaders and wrong doings as well as left wing newspapers so it is only fair that it is equalled. people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and all that.

personally i cant stand the woman, but i will take the stance of innocent until proven guilty. However it was very fishy the way she resigned rather suddenly and he followed shortly after, and an snp mp Douglas Chapman had resigned as party treasurer saying he had not been given the "financial information" to do the job.

she isnt the sort of person to resign out of the blue, she was too power hungry and she had the SNP at her feet

A classic police tactic to arrest someone in a flurry of publicity to strike fear into others. Heavy handed at best.

Blup

I don’t like her politics, but she is quite funny (occasionally)

Quite clever how she makes all those defamatory allegations, without actually crossing the line.

Guess she’s getting better at it. She’s certainly had some experience :D

Following reports of money buried in the garden the search goes on
339142740_600592352121666_6246813677208808182_n.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back