Nightmare Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The trouble with normal tills is that the operator often feels the need to chat to you instead of cracking on with scanning stuff. I much prefer the anti-social self checkouts.

The trouble with normal tills is that the operator often feels the need to chat to you instead of cracking on with scanning stuff. I much prefer the anti-social self checkouts.

I like the way Aldi do it. They only have operated tills, but they don't mess about chatting and are really fast. Straight into the trolley and then bag it later at your own pace. Even a long queue goes through really quickly. It feels really strange to me now at one of the big supermarkets, waiting in a snail pace line whilst they have a chat and wait for the shopping to be packed.

Sponsored Links

Not in Lidl and probably Aldi they don't. You only tend to get an 'hello', and a high speed scan, faster than you can reload the goods.

we had a resonable food shop this morning
Aldi - very good, they seem to open tills all the time, and keep the queues down - pretty much one person waiting with stuff on the belt
well stocked - happy till operators
I must say i was impressed with the attitude and service - they seem to want customers in the store - unlike many others
(i heard yesterday at range , when a member of staff , was complaining she had to go on tills - because of a huge queue - as she was very busy doing something else and annoyed she had to stop !!!!! - oh dear )
then off to Lidl - not so good , waited at tills, but only needed a few bits
Then finally off to Sainsbury for the bits we could not get

Started out at 9:00 and done by 11:30 (takes around 20-30 mins )

we often have sainsbury deliver - but the cost compared to Lidl and Aldi - is now too much (about 1/3rd more at least )

yesterday we went into M&S for a coffee around 3:30 and the worse experience ever , i was close to actually leaving the stuff at the counter and asking for a refund
half the store closed - no explanation, no customer service - sorry xy has happened
staff very unfriendly, last time i will goto M&S for coffee - loads of other places in town ..... we usually go to an independant , but wrong side of town

anyway - all down and ready for our round trip visiting various family over the next few days - and not looking forward to a lot of car travel ad M25 delays !!!!!!

Merry xmas to you all

Just helping to confirm my theory that the majority of selfish or dangerous manoeuvres are by drivers of Audi, BMW or Mercedes, closely followed by Range Rover.
Audi driver here.
Never blocked anyone and still good at avoiding the stupid drivers paying attention to their phone instead of everything else.
Must have said to half a dozen assistants this week, when 'invited' to use the self serve tills.
'No sorry, I don't work for XXX store thank you'.
I say this all the time.
I also add: "if you give me 10% discount I'll do it"
I don't care how much I have to wait.
I've learned a long time ago never to be in a rush, otherwise things go tiits up and the blood pressure goes up.
Self-serve till will be the future and the days of the assistant-operated till are numbered -- I used to work on projects to install self-serve tills across hundreds of stores. However it was those projects and the resulting redundancies which put me off using them!
I will never use them.
Being a hardcore union guy, I despise the nonsense of getting customers to work for free and at the same time have staff helping at self checkout when they could open tills and get rid of queues much faster.
That's part of the experience.
Human interaction is a wonderful thing.

Self-serve till will be the future and the days of the assistant-operated till are numbered
wont be long till you walk in store - collect what you want , walk out and its all paid for .........

i think a trial was running somewhere for that

Asked a lady who looked like she might be queuing but it wasn't obvious if she was in the queue and got told "What the F does it look like?"
Have to admit this made me lol, just picturing the scene!

I went to Asda yesterday around 6pm but just for my usual shopping, all my Christmas shopping is done. Was expecting it to be really busy, it was RAMMED. I always use scan & go, however they didn't have any charged handsets when I arrived :( so I had to use the self-serve checkout instead. It had quite a long queue as did the manned checkouts, I didn't look to see how any of them were actually manned, sorry I mean humaned ;)

The scan & go checkout area was near empty. Oh how I wished there had been a charged handset!

Mind you I was a semi-considerate shopper. Because there was a queue behind me, once I had scanned all my items (all of them sitting on the platform/scale part) I just paid and then put them all in the trolley so I could vacate the space asap. I then bagged the stuff at my car.

Asked a lady who looked like she might be queuing but it wasn't obvious if she was in the queue and got told "What the F does it look like?"

I told her I didn't want to say what it looked like, as there had been enough unnecessary swearing already. She opened her mouth to say something and her sensible teenage daughter gave her a jab in the ribs, so she didn't reply.

Happened to me once - Several queuing at a local Co-Op, a woman stood some distance away from the queue gazing at the shelves, so I assumed she wasn't part of the queue. Outside, she met her husband, who came over to complain that I had 'pushed in'. All I could reply, was that I am not telepathic and able to guess if people are part of the queue.

I drove 75 miles down the M1 this lunchtime. I'd been to Leeds to visit my son last night and came back to the Midlands today. Torrential rain and gibbering muppets tailgating each other. By the way what a great town Leeds is (to any Leeds folk reading this). Smashing people and brilliant pubs.

They work together... A wet-behind-the-ears youth in his Seat Ibiza will crash at 90mph into Ethel in her Honda Jazz pulling out of a junction.
you can't really blame Ethel in that situation!

I drove 75 miles down the M1 this lunchtime. I'd been to Leeds to visit my son last night and came back to the Midlands today. Torrential rain and gibbering muppets tailgating each other. By the way what a great town Leeds is (to any Leeds folk reading this). Smashing people and brilliant pubs.
Yep, unfortunately many road users are essentially thick when it comes to the nuances of driving. Technically they can drive, however they aren't good drivers.

Technically they can drive, however they aren't good drivers
But they think they are good drivers.
My partner couldn't drive a nail into a wall, I get the willies when she drives, it's like being on an old wooden rollercoaster but, she will tell me that she's a really good driver.

But they think they are good drivers.
My partner couldn't drive a nail into a wall, I get the willies when she drives, it's like being on an old wooden rollercoaster but, she will tell me that she's a really good driver.

I often find myself 'braking' on the wife's behalf despite the fact there is no brake pedal on the passenger side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back