Nightmare Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
. If I was going to steal something it certainly wouldn't be a packet of burgers. Half a side of salmon maybe, but it certainly wouldn't go in my trolley either."
Out of curiousity, where would she hide her pilfered side of salmon?

You can set how many lengths the distance is.
Mine is always set at minimum, so one length (5 metre).
And how many seconds sooner does it enable you to arrive at your destination than setting a more reasonable safe distance would?

Braking isn't the only consideration; the 2 second gap recommended in the Highway Code would give you a much better chance of being able to react to avoid (steer around) something in the road. 60mph is 26m per second, so your 5m separation gives you about 0.2 seconds to swerve round that brick you didn't see because the car in front blocked your view of it til now..

..and if something goes wrong with the car ahead such that it comes to a stop (hits something) faster than your brakes can arrest your car, you're into the back of it anyway

Fancy driving aids can't defeat basic physics

Your posts are normally much better informed and sensible than what you've posted here; I can't help but think that you're on a bit of a wind up, pretending to be the stereotypical Audi driver, and you're not actually that much of a dipstick

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Some cars like mine have a radar which keeps the distance between your car and that in front.
You can set how many lengths the distance is.
Mine is always set at minimum, so one length (5 metre).
Looks like I'm tailgating but in reality I'm not.
The car basically drives itself by braking and accelerating accordingly to the car in front.
I went all the way to Scotland "tailgating" my wife, but sometimes I had to push on the gas... :LOL:

Might be a leg pull, but there are some stupid people around.

Why do you want to drive like that? Have you thought about what the driver in front of you will be thinking? Are you trying to intimidate other drivers on purpose?
Why would a driver be intimidated by someone driving behind them?
I don't flash my lights or honk at them, I simply drive behind them.
Unless they're prius drivers on the motorway fast lane at 30mph (I see this at least once a week).
Then they get the full Audi treatment: flashing lights, horn and accompanying swearing.
They usually don't move over so other drivers are forced to overtake on the inside.
That's when these fools show their dead brain: they get upset because they've been passed on the nearside.
WTF are you doing on the last lane at 30mph???
And they think they're safe drivers because they don't speed.
WTF!?!?

Unless they're prius drivers on the motorway fast lane at 30mph (I see this at least once a week).
Then they get the full Audi treatment: flashing lights, horn and accompanying swearing.
They usually don't move over so other drivers are forced to overtake on the inside.
That's when these fools show their dead brain: they get upset because they've been passed on the nearside.
WTF!?!?

A definite twzt driver.

60mph is 26m per second
So even if you keep 26 metre distance (which is a lot), you won't be able to avoid that brick you mentioned.
You cannot ever be 100% safe and sure that nothing will happen.
My uncle a few years ago scrapped a brand new alfa 156 because he hit a deer at 40mph on a deserted road where limit was 60mph.
The deer appeared from nowhere and destroyed his car.
Nothing could've avoided this incident.
In fact, if he had gone at 60mph he would've been ahead of the deer jumping on the road, so going slow doesn't always prevent accidents.

WTF!?!?

You are a total Cretin or a Troll, which is it?

What you have written is beyond parody, so I really can't tell if it's all a big wind up.

But just in case it isn't, try googling why do drivers tailgate. The reasons are either simply because they are bad drivers, or because they want to bully or intimidate the driver in front into going faster, or closing the safe gap they have left in front of their own car, or to pull over.

I've had many idiots tailgate me in the way you describe, when I'm in the fast lane, overtaking cars and going at the same speed as the car in front of me. Often this will be about 80 mph (naughty!!!). But what seems to annoy these idiots is that I leave a safe gap in front of me. And so these idiots will start tailgating me and flashing and beeping and gesticulating. I just push the mirror button so I can't see them. Sometimes they do what you do, and undertake and fill my gap, with accompanying hand gestures as they pass. But they don't end up going any faster than me because now they are stuck behind the car I was behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back