No downstair lights and can find No consumer unit!

breezer looks like your 2 quid down you win £1 for the MEM but lose 2 as its plastic ;) :D ;)

Sponsored Links
I note the "ISCO" label on the black thing, which the neutral wire in the photo rises out of (just under the fuse box), is it a long defunct "British Standard" something?

Nowadays we have the "CE" or "ASTA" markings on such equipment.

Sponsored Links
dingbat said:
Round here I regularly see 'council' rewires under ten years old, which consist of one ring circuit, one cooker circuit and one lighting circuit protected by a Wylex rewireable three-way fuseboard.

the council do a lil more than that. only sayin that since i work for the council

andrew2022 said:
dingbat said:
Round here I regularly see 'council' rewires under ten years old, which consist of one ring circuit, one cooker circuit and one lighting circuit protected by a Wylex rewireable three-way fuseboard.

the council do a lil more than that. only sayin that since i work for the council

Okay, they upgrade the main fuse and tails and earthing/bonding (and more recent ones do have better circuit arrangements) but I have seen quite a number with just the circuits I described. The tenants then exercise their right to buy and immediately whack up an extension and put in a new kitchen, outside floodlights and an electric shower... which then makes their 'new' rewire somewhat inadequate. I wasn't suggesting council rewires are unsafe, just somewhat minimal.

The tesco, safeway etc own brand biscuit tins are sometimes a lot better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back