No drop on 6m of condensate pipe work. (cowboy job?) photos

No flue?

Is this for real?

The flue is there but out of site as the boiler is located on the first floor.

Its only permissable to terminate in a rainwater pipe if its a combined soil and rain single drain which were usual before about 1950 ( But that house looks quite modern and if its a two drain system then it should go into the foul drain ).

The house was built in 1990.

The first service is due next month so should they complain due to a lack of drop, no insulation and terminates in a guttering down pipe?

Is this part of building regulations or corgi rules?

Sponsored Links
Well looking at the height on that pipework I'd say that the boilers probably on the first floor and maybe the flue terminal's out of sight, personally I think I would have dropped the pipes down more and run them at a lower level.

Then they would have been damaged by the bicycles and the fellow dragging that heavy old motor mower!

Sponsored Links
adding that tee piece is very clever in a naught sort of way.

the installer knew that it was wrong and added in that tee so even if/when it did blocked it it would not knack the boiler... that or he ran out of straights :LOL:

i guess it would be the easiest way of adding a air break?

well its the wrong size for starters, should be 32mm; 2 degree drop not level, the tee should be there, no need for an air relief if it was installed correctly. its substandard. the installer should be called back.

Silly Question

I guess the third pipe (15mm copper) is the pressure relief blow off. Is that correct like that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back