No Gas..

Sponsored Links
I believe it's a criminal offence to steal electricity.
Get yourself a portable bottled-gas heater for heating, and a camping stove for your cooking, and a Carbon monoxide tester.
Let your mates do their own thing.
Be aware the gas heating and cooking creates condensation.
Don't be fooled into trying to use the camping stove for heating, it's dangerous, probably gives off carbon monoxide and will be ineffective for heating a room.
Good luck trying to buy a gas bottle at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Good luck trying to buy a gas bottle at the moment.

Yep, in very short supply, due to all of the stay-at-homes buying caravans, motorhomes, tents and shortage of bottle supplies from the bottle making factories. Best source might be the council recyling yards to get an empty cheap, then try to find a supplier with gas to exchange it for a full bottle.

I feel for you mate... your landlord is wrong. Your bills should be included in your rent. I would have hoped someone had the information for who you approach for this.
We are waiting to here what the rental agreement says.

No. I'm still here. Rental agreement says I am responsible for all bills, but the contract is not applicable to a HMO, but a house. It also says responsible for council tax which we do not pay.

Sounds very confusing and dishonestly put together this contract, I’d be looking for a way out of it and tell the F off.

What about Kettering housing? You’d be surprised at who can help you.

Does each tenant have the same agreement? Does the landlord place the tenants there?

I'm assuming it's an off the shelf agreement?

Sounds like you need advice from a 'Shelter' type organisation as there is a good possibility that the tenancy agreement isn't legally enforceable. Whether you can force the landlord to reinstate any services is another matter . . . .

Sponsored Links
Back