Don’t recognise this gas connector behind oven?

7 Aug 2021
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello all, I couldn’t find this anywhere in the forum.

I’ve just moved house and there’s an empty space in the kitchen where a range cooker would go. The house has a boiler too. I’ve not seen a gas line fixture that looks like this before, had the previous resident had it cut and sealed off or is this just another style i’m not recognising? It’s a housing development from the 2000s. Is this simply a water pipe? The previous resident used an electric cooker and refused to use gas. I just want to buy a gas cooker but can’t figure out if I’d be able to hook it up to this thing.

Thanks in advance. I’m probably asking a very stupid question here.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's a blank off so you will need a gas safe guy in to connect up onto that pipe ..... if its a live gas pipe that is
If you buy a new cooker it won't come with the hose attached anyway.

Plus it's not exactly unknown for them to come with LPG jets in which need changing for natural gas versions before use.

Just get someone in to fit the new bayonet and the cooker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links