Gas fitter murdered

On a Friday I would have to shut the gas / file the paper work for a permit do the repairs and call for an inspection KNOWING all of the above would take several days and at least a thousand dollars and the caller would have had a heart attack. By telling him call another person ALL with in a mile or two OR he just as well could have called the utility they in turn would have shut the gas and red tagged the piping in question and told him hire someone licensed to make repairs and file the necessary forms

Still cant see why you could not of attended and made safe, or contacted gas supplier to make safe.
Not familiar with the way you chaps work in the states, But, in GB we would attend, KNOCK on the door (we dont ring doorbells with reported smell of gas). assess the situation, evacuate the surrounding buildings and procede to vent property of gas. All the time this is going on we contact the gas supplier who attends and makes save the ruptured main.
No excessive paperwork required and everyone involved going home safe after a days work to enjoy the sunny weekend.

Dont mean to cause you any offence, but, surely this is playing on your consiance.

:cry:

Sponsored Links
If you cancelled a call to me because you wanted to go fishing I would probably shove the fishing rod up your a**e. Tradesmen who do that really p*** me off. You expect me to be in when you "knock". :mad:

"Still cant see why you could not of attended and made safe, or contacted gas supplier to make safe. "

To make it safe one would have to do the following

1- Shut the gas valve in question and notify the building owner that this gas line cannot be used until all the paper work is completed.

You cannot get anyone from the building department to file for the permits until Monday around 9 AM, This was Friday 2 PM

Then after the permits are granted then repairs are made and all the piping has to be tested for integrity.

2- considering the permits / inspection and labor needed to make repairs this DIY would never want a legitimate contractor to do the work or have someone from the building department look around and see what other violations were committed.

The minimum fee I would charge is over $1,000 as the paper work takes time and then meeting the inspector.

Once the home owner said I broke a gas line I was not at all interested in getting involved.

There are utility personal on call 24 -7 they would have shut the line and told him contact a LMP to make all repairs

Thats shocking :eek:

So lets get this straight,,,,,,

1: You where to busy, so presumeably you where sat on your butt scoffing Tim Haughtons.

More likely he was just busy posting irrelevant comments on this and other forums!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Who's got an ill elephant??? Castor oil nearly always sorts them out. :eek:

Once the home owner said I broke a gas line I was not at all interested in getting involved.
Pity. A little common sense would have saved a life.
Instead, pomposity got in the way.

So basically, after 2pm on a friday its not worth stopping a gas leak as its just too damn inconveniant for the landlord as it cant be turned on again till 9 am monday.
Far easier just to let the building cath fire and let the tenants burn to death or if theyy are ucky a big explosion will take them out quickly and painlessly.
Jesus , and these people think they are civilised.
No wonder red adair was so good at capping oil wells, pobably did his apprentieship in NY as a gas fitter.

Well, the true colours are now visible to everyone.

The pinnacle of narcissistic stupidity is to think that people reading all his bragging are going to be impressed.

The home owner over the phone asked how much will it cost and I always figure if they have to ask they cant afford me.
If that's truly what you reckoned, then you could also have foreseen that he would call someone that he could afford, i.e. too cheap, i.e. not competent. That foreseeability, in the UK, would be enough to prove a breach of the general duty of care which we all hold for each other.

Did you even give the phone number of someone qualified to make the repairs, to help out the person who was in danger?

A Doctor passing a car accident used to stop and help and many were sued thus they stopped have MD on their license plates.
And that's all because you and your countrymen can't wait to sue each other.

Being "independent" I have the luxury of saying no I do not want to work for you or even cancel a call if I am tired or feel like taking off to go fishing.

I work a 20 hour work week and start work at 9-9:30 AM and try to stop all work by 2 pm
So it wouldn't be warping the truth to say that someone else died to support your luxurious lifestyle.

If I work longer hours and made more it would only go to pay more taxes.
You can't pay more personal taxes if you don't receive more salary. You keep bragging about how many staff and vans you have, so why not pull one of them off a non-urgent job and send them to the emergency, hmm?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you're nothing more than a crazed gun nut with a chip on your shoulder.

My previous mistake was to believe that you were harmless; now it's clear that you're just as likely as any other gun-toting nutter in the USA to wipe out a classroom of kids or a post office queue.

Instead, pomposity got in the way.

Forget common sense as eveyone knows darn well you would not knowingly go to a non licensed doctor the home owner KNEW the bum who was dabbling origionally on the gas piping was a friend of a friend.

Then after they broke the line they call for help leaving the hose and not having an ounce of decentcy of opening windows or calling the utility.

They took a chance and killed someone.

People know that plumbing/ gas fitting /roofing . and in some areas drain and sewer cleaning require a license and if they choose to break the law and cause a highly dangerous condition they cannot depend on a contractor to bail them out.

Realizing how cheap this gentleman was (asked how much to fix a gas pipe he broke) no way would I get involved as he would not have wanted to know about me notifying the building department, shutting off the gas over the week end and paying for all the permits ,inspections etc.

...Then after they broke the line they call for help leaving the hose and not having an ounce of decentcy of opening windows or calling the utility.

They took a chance and killed someone...
Is this a guess, or a FOAF, or do you have evidence of all the facts?

this morning I was called by a neighbor

The homeowner called another contractor and the contractor sent over an illegal (worker) to see what the problem was and this non licensed person went to the address
rang the door bell and the house exploded killing him instantly

Seems that the neighbour was a right nosey basket. How did he know that the guy that was killed was "an illegal (worker)". Did he have it marked on his van, 'Non Licenced Gas Fitter For Hire'.

It appears to be a big fairy story to try and bolster the importance of the $3,800 per week (?) gung-ho gas fitter. Especially when it doesn’t even make the local news, I am sceptical of anything he writes.

Forget common sense as eveyone knows darn well you would not knowingly go to a non licensed doctor the home owner KNEW the bum who was dabbling origionally on the gas piping was a friend of a friend.
You've missed the point, yet again.

The person lacking in common sense was you, not the cheapskate tenant/owner or the cowboy contractor.

Then after they broke the line they call for help leaving the hose and not having an ounce of decentcy of opening windows or calling the utility.
You're talking about a lack of decency?

You?

Seriously?

They took a chance and killed someone.
Hmm.

Realizing how cheap this gentleman was (asked how much to fix a gas pipe he broke) no way would I get involved as he would not have wanted to know about me notifying the building department, shutting off the gas over the week end and paying for all the permits ,inspections etc.
That appears to be a different reason to the one you gave at the beginning, which was that you didn't want to pay any more tax.

Which reason is the lie?

Or is it both?

Don't you lot know a compulsive liar when you hear one?

Months ago a Moderator deleted a post in which I described S.T. as barking mad.

Since then he's been more than a little personally abusive towards me, and towards the citizens of the UK in general, and now, not a moment too soon, it seems to be open season on him.

Isn't it time that the forum rules were brought up to date?

10) Temporal breaches. Please do not look into the future. Particularly perceptive posts will be deleted. You must wait for the Moderators to slowly realise what's going on. You will be liable for the cost of repairing any tears in the fabric of spacetime.

11) Murder by proxy. Stories of death and vicarious liability, whether fabricated or otherwise, are encouraged, as they attract visitors to the site.

12) Americans. These are excellent entertainment, and give the impression that the site spans the Atlantic. Please send in any Americans that you would like to promote. Unfortunately we are unable to return your Americans.

Sponsored Links
Back