Taking Advantage....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Had this kind of problem twice in the past ten years.
1..Young lad moved into the area and twice started his chainsaw going at 8am on Sunday mornings. First time, I jumped oot O' bed, pit ma goonie (towel robe) and slippers on and went doon the road to see him.
Standing there sawing away I taped him on the shoulder. He stopped what he was doing and I asked him tae take a look about. I pointed out to him all curtain drawn windows. Do you see them? Yes said he. Does that not tell you something. He just looked at me. I told him to have some sense and respect for others and went home. Goonie flying in the wind trying tae cover my privates. A week later, same thing. Out O' bed, goonie on, an doon that road. I told him if he disturbed the neighborhood again I was going to ram that thing doon his throat. Problem solved. To this day he has never used that chainsaw, I regularly have a pleasant chat with the lad, and do jobs for him that he can't manage. Point is you've got to stick to your guns.
2.. Retired lad moves in next door and uses the property as his holiday home. Somehow, probably from the seller he got wind that I renovate and restore old property. Soon after he had moved in, and cutting a long story short the guy became problematic borrowing tools and not returning them. On arriving from his main residence he became demanding that i should do work for him (as a neighbour) there and then. He hounded me before going to work and when I returned from work. It had to stop!
Anytime he arrived to borrow tools I told him they were out all over the shire. Whenever he asked me to do a job for him I told him politely he had wait in the queue. How longs the queue? Two years! and finally I'm getting him to take the hint. Point is I don't drop clients. Since then, tradesfolk doing work for this chap have come to me and said he is giving them a real hard time never leaving alone. Again you've got to learn that some people are slow at comprehending what you are saying and that you've got to give them firm but gentle hints to finally get the message across.

One of my chums had a neighbour who used to borrow things and not give them back.

My mate borrowed the neighbour's lawnmower and locked it away.

Next week, neighbour came round asking for it back.

Mate said, OK, as soon as you bring back all the stuff you've borrowed off me.

Neighbour got the message.

mlb3c, ask if you can borrow his gun.

JohnD said:
One of my chums had a neighbour who used to borrow things and not give them back.

My mate borrowed the neighbour's lawnmower and locked it away.

Next week, neighbour came round asking for it back.

Mate said, OK, as soon as you bring back all the stuff you've borrowed off me.

Neighbour got the message.

:D Nice one. :LOL: :LOL:

markie said:
kevplumb said:

she might have to marra i'm borrowing hers when i am ower there :LOL: :LOL:

You've heard of the saying, you don't give monkeys guns etc... :LOL: :LOL: ;)

PS have a good new year. ;)

i aint a monkey marra we strung the booger up years ago :LOL: :LOL:

PS have a good new year.

you too markie marra berrer get yer ganzie on it's cowld oot ;)

I have to wait an additional 6 hrs after yer lot to say Happy New Year! :cry: :LOL:

hey markie....you married?

ya know, just in case things dont pan out..... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back