Taking Advantage....

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my rant for the day. I have neighbors that are the dearest couple in the world...would do anything for anybody. The problem is their son...a 32 year old man, who lives at home, who doesnt seem to be able to be responsible for anything. His mother will openly admit that "Michael" was a problem child when he was younger, always into something and never made to be responsible for anything. I had to learn the hard way, not to lend him money....unless I didnt care if he never paid me back. Not to lend him the use of my truck for any reason....I have scratches and dents that I cannot prove he caused, but know that he did. I now suspect that he has been siphoning gasoline from my truck...(I never met anyone who can go through as much gas as he does, never has the money to pay for it, and yet makes a pretty good living at landscaping) He has a very nonchalant attitude when I have talked with him....seems he is unaware of any of his actions. I have been avoiding the neighbors for some time now, because I wanted Michael to not feel so "welcomed" to ask for anything of me. I know now that this is the wrong attitude to have. How do you get your point across to someone who is determined not to get the point? RANT OVER :mad:

Sponsored Links
Get a lockable fuel cap and tell him to go forth and multiply.... somewhere else. Forget gentle persuasion with some people, just say it how it is.

mlb3c said:
How do you get your point across to someone who is determined not to get the point?

You don't. Why should you? Unless you are arrogant enough to think that "your point" is absolutely right. Not everyone lives their life according to the same script, he is doing things in a way that you don't agree with - doesn't mean that it is wrong or that you are empowered to show him the error of his ways.

As for syphoning out of your truck - don't you have a lockable filler cap? Next time he asks for something you don't want to give, don't give it. If he wants to know why tell him.

Hey, I`m Trolling off round Tescos with a syphon tube and jerrycan ...........I`ll quote you VS :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ok. first off....I dont feel like I am being arrogant. Gullible, maybe....
I dont have a lockable gas cap....something I will have to look into. The fact is, Michael is very "likeable"....has a 'way' about him. I have talked to him and said straight out...."do not ask to borrow anything" because I dont wish it to be returned broken, used, scratched or in worse shape than I lent it in the first place" He stands there with a ....dunno the way to describe it....like he just has no idea of what I am talking about. I lived in the city I guess for so long....I never knew my neighbors....never wanted to (yes that does sound arrogant) but here, it is different. I just avoid him....because it is my nature to be friendly...maybe in some way I am sending the wrong signal out and he sees it as a "welcome" mat. not sure. :rolleyes:

Is "Michael" a bit, erm, simple? I suppose in the spirit of keeping the peace you just need to "be strong" about the things that really matter to you, and just go with the flow for the rest.

And get a lockable filler cap, thats a given :)

i think this fella's barking up the wrong tree..and his grass is greener on the other side,Tell him to turf it or s-d off. :LOL:

mlb3c

do you mean he is a bit of a charmer /chancer an he sweet talked you an now he justs walks all over you ...
if yes
he needs to know you aint as gulliable as he thinks you are , tell him how let down he makes you feel when he acts as he does ..strict an firm

+ get a lockable cap ...

kev
this young buck maybe a hunky well built all american stud ...maybe marra you may have to think about looking for an east european lady instead ...as your soulmate ?

Sponsored Links
Back