Gas fitter murdered

S

Sylvan Tieger

A call came in to my office yesterday about a smell of gas I said sorry I am to busy please call someone else.

The man said your only a few blocks from me and I said yes I know but I am to busy to take on new accounts, please call someone else and I hung up.

Then this morning I was called by a neighbor of mine asking if I heard about the explosion ?

I said no. Then the caller told me some home owner was working on a gas line and broke it before the shut off and ran out of his home and called a local plumber from his neighbors home.

The original plumber he called refused to come so he called another contractor and the contractor sent over an illegal (worker) to see what the problem was and this non licensed person went to the address
rang the door bell and the house exploded killing him instantly

Goes to show you have fast one can leave the gene pool.

I wonder what is going to happen in the next few days as it should be really interesting.

1- home owner works on gas

2- contractor sends over illegal

3- house explodes possibly from the gas accumulation and the spark of the bell

4- will the insurance pay

5- will the contractor who sent over the illegal beheld criminally responsible

I used to have signs on my trucks

"WE fix what your husband tried to repair "

They are out there

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
6- Original contractor, who refused to help when told of gas leak and refused any assistance, found guilty of gross neglect and sentenced to 5 years behind bars

A call came in to my office yesterday about a smell of gas I said sorry I am to busy please call someone else.

The man said your only a few blocks from me and I said yes I know but I am to busy to take on new accounts, please call someone else and I hung up.

Then this morning I was called by a neighbor of mine asking if I heard about the explosion ?

I said no. Then the caller told me some home owner was working on a gas line and broke it before the shut off and ran out of his home and called a local plumber from his neighbors home.

The original plumber he called refused to come so he called another contractor and the contractor sent over an illegal (worker) to see what the problem was and this non licensed person went to the address

Thats shocking :eek:

So lets get this straight,,,,,,

1: You where to busy, so presumeably you where sat on your butt scoffing Tim Haughtons.

2: You where only a few blocks away, so maybe 2 or 3 miles, 5 minutes maximum, but could'nt put down the donuts.

3: Your neighbour tells you of the incident, then the thought crosses your busy mind, "Hell, I'am the busy guy, but these donuts sure are good".

4: You deduce buy means of reading the remains of dunkin donuts in the bottom of your coffee cup (double double for sure), that the person who had the misfortune of already finishing his coffee, so thereby attending the call, he was not licensed.

"Guns kill, forks kill, drunk cars kill", and so do negligent gas installers.

Happy to stay in Canada each year when I visit from now on. Sod crossing the boarder into NY state.

;)

Sponsored Links

Any links to this incident on the news sites, Sylvan?

I've had a Google for gas explosions in New York, but there don't seem to have been any recently.

I suspect you may be a fat fantasist plumber called Derek, who lives in Dagenham.

6- Original contractor, who refused to help when told of gas leak and refused any assistance, found guilty of gross neglect and sentenced to 5 years behind bars

How can anyone force you to go out and work? (especially on a Friday afternoon ) In this neck of the woods the gas /electric supplier has a staff of thousands that could have been called to shut the gas.

The home owner over the phone asked how much will it cost and I always figure if they have to ask they cant afford me.

A Doctor passing a car accident used to stop and help and many were sued thus they stopped have MD on their license plates.

They did pass the good Samaritan law BUT not for drainers /gas fitters or plumbers.

Suppose someone has a house full of kids none from the same father and these children are freezing because the boiler is down and they call a plumber in the UK do you get put in jail for not responding?

Being "independent" I have the luxury of saying no I do not want to work for you or even cancel a call if I am tired or feel like taking off to go fishing.

I work a 20 hour work week and start work at 9-9:30 AM and try to stop all work by 2 pm If I work longer hours and made more it would only go to pay more taxes.

So I set my weekly income not to exceed $3,800 even it it means proposing work until the following week.

One year I paid over $40,000 in personal taxes and said never again

It gets to a point when you crunch the numbers and then realize at a certain income level your actually losing money working more.

I no longer take on new accounts as once you have accounts that pay with in a reasonable amount of time (60 days) why bother to look to increase your over head and exposure?

Sylvan You're Guilty.
You should have told the guy the correct procedure over the phone.
30 seconds, max.
That could have saved a life.
I suppose you don't care because he wasn't registered.

Please post a link to the news item.

It did NOT even make the local papers like the Korean Church explosion in Queens NY

As soon if any news comes in print ILL post it .

In New Jersey an entire family died in a house fire 9 people because of faulty electrical work that made page 8 in the news

Sylvan You're Guilty.
You should have told the guy the correct procedure over the phone.
30 seconds, max.
That could have saved a life.
I suppose you don't care because he wasn't registered.

Please give information over the phone OTHER then sayost a link to the news item.

No cannot give gas advice over the phone WE HAVE UTILITIES that can have someone there with in 15 minutes.

From what I was told today the guy who broke the pipe had time to gather his tools and he and the home owner left the house and called from a neighbor next door over 1/2 hour WASTED

No cannot give gas advice over the phone
Absolute rubbish. You're dead wrong.

"Open windows,
don't touch anything electrical,
clear the building"

Our gas suppliers say that whenever we call them about a problem.

i dont know about your country be in the uk gas installers have a duty of care.

at the very minimum you should of told them something like,
"Don’t create a flame or operate electrical switches.
Do put out flames, open doors and windows, keep people away from the area"

and then told them to phone your areas gas emergency line.

and that is the minimum .

as chris r has said.

It wouldn't have happened if he'd had his form 27B/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFuySgwQ30

The s**t can really hit the fan <<<< Thats funny and YES paper work causes a lot more cost to the job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teufz17PqoY&feature=related

With all due respect, a guns primary purpose is to kill. It has no other purpose A gas man always knocks!

WELL then EVERY armed guard must kill everyday right?

Why do the very rich folks have armed guards do their guards kill people everyday or knowing they are armed stop would be criminals from attacking.

If guns kill do they happen to load themselves too?

How about stopping a crime in progress if someone pulls a knife and you happen to own a gun and point it at the knife holder and he drops the knife and puts his hands up would you still shoot him?

The purpose of most of my firearms is to shot targets 100 yards out EXCEPT for the pistols and revolvers and shot guns they are for much closer targets.

Saying guns primary purpose is to kill is like saying the primary purpose humVee is to go off road which in NYC there are not many off road places.

More people were killed by Senator Ted Kennedy then all my assault firearms combined

I don't know about you lot but I'm having other thoughts about this one... 'He sent over an 'illegal' worker'.....

An Illegal Worker
An Explosion
In New York

Smells like a..... Terrorist Attack to me like :D

I don't know about you lot but I'm having other thoughts about this one... 'He sent over an 'illegal' worker'.....

An Illegal Worker
An Explosion
In New York

Smells like a..... Terrorist Attack to me like :D
\\

possibly that is why it is hushed up UNTIL the law suits come into play

Sponsored Links
Back