When is a gas leak not a gas leak?

I actually wonder how many qualified plumbers carry a defective manometers that actually themselves leak at the tube connections or at the test nipple copuplings?

Pinching the tube at test end will usually confirm if gauge/tube is faulty , pretty simple really..

Sponsored Links
no perceptible drop means 1/4mb on water gauge or 0.25mb on electronic gauge over period of tightness test ( usually 2 mins in average size house )

0.2 on a electronic gauge ;)

edit just read page two, seems he has been informed of his mistake

May be his sniffing equipment needs calibration! or if the leak is inside an appliance were the sniffer can't hear the leak from, so this guy came and left you in the cold without determining where the leak was from!
I see your command of English is still as poor as your understanding of gas safety/gas technology.

:rolleyes: Did I hear something squeal? my ears are burning! :rolleyes: Oh its you Ben! now how can I help you? :LOL: Oh you need to know how to test for a gas leak? good you have come to the right place! please take a seat.:cool:

But now let us get to the point, how does my command of English prevent me from getting on in life, not one slightest bit until you are the first person in 7 Billion humans who commented on my English.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: Did I hear something squeel? my ears are burning! :rolleyes: Oh its you Ben! now how can I help you? :LOL: Oh you need to know how to test for a gas leak? good you have come to the right place! please take a seat. :cool:

But now let us get to the point, how does my command of English prevent me from getting on in life, not one slightest bit until you are the first person in 7 Billion humans who commented on my English, I wonder if your genetic make up is from our human species? Who knows you might be of a highly superior being? if there is such a thing as that.

There is an apostrophe in " it's "

Squeel is spelt " squeal "; and as for your capitalisation? Truly shocking.

How many human species are there for Ben to possibly be part of another?

Why would a sniffer need to "hear" a gas leak?

See where we are going here?

*edit* I see you are editing your posts now - good boy - try harder.

I always edit my posts for the first few minutes to try and correct spelling mistakes etc, so you should not comment for about a few minutes.

Sometimes I do to self moderate my posts so as to not provoke anyone, as that is not my intention. ;)

aah regarding sniffing equipment, there are various types including ones that hear high pitch which they are sensitive to , others have a gas analyser.

Ultrasonic Detectors
Ultrasonic gas detectors use acoustic sensors to detect changes in the background noise of its environment. Since most gas leaks occur in the ultrasonic range of 25 kHz to 10 MHz, the sensors are able to easily distinguish these frequencies from background noise which occurs in the audible range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz.[12] The ultrasonic gas leak detector then produces an alarm when there is an ultrasonic deviation from the normal condition of background noise. Despite the fact that Ultrasonic gas leak detectors don’t measure gas concentration, the device is still able to determine the leak rate of an escaping gas.[13] By measuring its ultrasonic sound level, the detector is able to determine the leak rate, which depends on the gas pressure and size of the leak. The bigger the leak, the larger its ultrasonic sound level will be. Time to edit my post! 5.0am !

oh goody now the other one is locked we have all moved over here, right what have i missed & who can i slag off :LOL:

Lads you have been here long enough, may be you forgot half the stuff you learnt, I am still learning . But hey the thing is being on here has its own rules just like you have in your trade.

these are:

Welcome to the DIYnot Forums!
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules and enjoy the site!

1) Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome. This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect! Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome on this site and are always removed! Keep it civil!;)

2) Posts should be relevant to the topic. Irrelevant posts that don't contribute to the topic will be removed or split.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/rules.php#ixzz2HKycvx6L

I always edit my posts for the first few minutes to try and correct spelling mistakes etc, so you should not comment for about a few minutes.

Sometimes I do to self moderate my posts so as to not provoke anyone, as that is not my intention. ;)

aah regarding sniffing equipment, there are various types including ones that hear high pitch which they are sensitive to , others have a gas analyser.

Ultrasonic Detectors
Ultrasonic gas detectors use acoustic sensors to detect changes in the background noise of its environment. Since most gas leaks occur in the ultrasonic range of 25 kHz to 10 MHz, the sensors are able to easily distinguish these frequencies from background noise which occurs in the audible range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz.[12] The ultrasonic gas leak detector then produces an alarm when there is an ultrasonic deviation from the normal condition of background noise. Despite the fact that Ultrasonic gas leak detectors don’t measure gas concentration, the device is still able to determine the leak rate of an escaping gas.[13] By measuring its ultrasonic sound level, the detector is able to determine the leak rate, which depends on the gas pressure and size of the leak. The bigger the leak, the larger its ultrasonic sound level will be.

Priceless :LOL:

unhelpful posts are not welcome on this site and are always removed! Keep it civil!

2) Posts should be relevant to the topic. Irrelevant posts that don't contribute to the topic will be removed or split.

Are you paying attention?

so is your above post very helpful? how silly and childish, about time you gave it a rest, you can't be too busy at work, most people would have been out to work and tired and would have gone to bed by now, so come on lads its well past your bed time!

I think your'e great Mike. :LOL: :LOL: surely we can't have two agiles? :eek: :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back