No handouts to tax dodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Define 'tax dodging' and whether you think it’s illegal
I thinks some schemes are very close to the bone in terms of how they afford the beneficiary ways of dodging tax and it is these schemes that are being investigated by HMRC - Hamilton included.

Define 'fair share'. Surely the legally required amount is the fair share?
Fair would be the amount that is justifiable by HMRC. Their investigations are bearing fruit from the tax dodgers who entered dodgy schemes, in order to avoid their fair share.

Good on them.(y)

Sponsored Links
Moi aussi.(y) My phrasing was rubbish but I pay on time and what is due.

Likewise, last time I made a late payment was in 2016, due to a misunderstanding 'twixt me and accountant of the phrase "next tuesday" which i incorrectly thought meant next tuesday, not this tuesday, so was 1 week late. Fixed that making them tell me exactly the date it was due, not an ambiguous statement.

I thinks some schemes are very close to the bone in terms of how they afford the beneficiary ways of dodging tax and it is these schemes that are being investigated by HMRC - Hamilton included.

Fair would be the amount that is justifiable by HMRC. Their investigations are bearing fruit from the tax dodgers who entered dodgy schemes, in order to avoid their fair share.

Good on them.(y)

Which schemes are they?

Tories and brexers certainly play fast and loose with the facts -that is what Ceres meant

Please don't tell me or anyone else what I meant. The meaning of my post to Janglin' Johnnie is extremely clear and doesn't need your tunnel vision interpretation.

Like google, Amazon, Facebook, wealthy footballers, wealthy businessmen you mean?
There is a pattern here.

I pay the maximum tax every year. I'm not the one being investigated either. Wind your own neck in.

Oh der i'm a bit slow on the take-up there er yes i concur Mr Taxman if you're reading this Noseall pays all his taxes in cash of course. Those accountants he uses are not for tax efficiency. :D

In some ways that's the issue, the likes of Amazon, Google etc can legitimately claim they pay the "maximum" or "Correct" level of tax according to HMRC's rules. Sadly HMRC's rules aren't tight enough to ever fully know what the correct or maximum amount of tax is.
And there lies the issue. If you look under the covers there is an awful lot of interbreeding and handshakes between the likes of PWC and HMRC etc, the whole system is rotten to the core, but it's left as it is because otherwise it burns too many fingers.
They do seem however to be good at picking on the small guys, anyone/corp with any proper money/evasion is left alone because of the legal costs against reward.

Yes, it's quite clear that Ceres thinks the tax fiddle was not wrong.
Ok so you work out all those sugary drinks you have each year are costing you dear, so you switch to sugar free which works out cheaper(tax free).

Tax evasion(fiddle) or tax efficiency?

Please don't tell me or anyone else what I meant.
I think that's what you meant too. The Tories do play fast and loose especially with their wealthy buddies.

P.S. Its a public forum, people can say what they want, boyo.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back