no hot water unless heating switched on - new baxi combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I had a new baxi combi installed last october. I switched the heating on for the first time in a few weeks last night and everything was fine but this morning I have no hot water. The heating is working fine. When I turn hot tap on the green light for the hot water comes on but temperature doesn't rise and its freezing water but if I turn the heating on the temp rises normally. I think this will be ok as I have a warranty but is this a relatively common problem? I'm worrying as to why this has occured after only 11 months :( - I've read this might be the diverter valve which has perished?
Any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.. Is that an easy job then? I'm gonna ring my plumber tomoz and hope he can fix it quickly. Do you think its a bit soon for it to be perishing on an 11 month old boiler?

It's under warranty (assuming it was installed by a registered engineer and in accordance with the manufacturers instructions) so call Baxi (Heateam) out to it, your installer will charge you, Baxi won't.

Sponsored Links
Yes call your installer first there is a thing called customer satisfaction and he will want to help you and if required he can call manufacturers.

Cant see why someone would think the installer would charge you for providing this service.
If green light is coming on it wont be diaphragm as that has to move properly to make the switch that brings green light on.

Also if it does need a manufacturers visit if the installer is registered with baxi they will be out next day for definite if he phones. If you call it could be a couple of days

If you give us the model it may be that there is no diaphragm fitted in your boiler. Many modern combis use flow switches and motors to drive the diverting valves.

This has now been fixed - the problem was the sensor. baxi engineer said its not a common problem with these new boilers but they have had a few i was just unlucky! fingers crossed it will be ok now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back