No water to bathroon toilets basins and baths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looked at the large header tank in the loft, it was 1/3rd full (outlets well below water level), and float suspended in mid air. I thought it may be the valve so I switched the isolation valve off and replaced the valve. Switched it back on again and still no water feed. Any help/advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
NB. I have tried a flexi wire (about 2M long in the outlet pipes), also the hot water is ok.

My guess is that your cold taps are mains feed and the hot taps are tank feed.

Check to see if you have cold water at your kitchen tap, check your neighbours to see if they have water.

Andy

Hi Andy ...again !. This time the problem is in my home. I live in a very old cottage that was part of a larger house that has been split into 3. It appears that I have 2 mains feed, some of my house cold water outlets work (Kitchen sink, showers, bath) but others don't (3xwc's and 3 basins).

Found out that a stop cock in the road has been turned off! cannot switch it back on til I check with my neighbours :).

Thanks again for your sound advice.

Kes

Sponsored Links
Just found out they are away for the weekend. I will talk to their maintenance man to see if he has been doing work there - doubtful though as they surely wouldn't have gone away. :confused:

Confirmation ... it was the stopcock in the road that caused the problem. Why it was turned off is a mystery. Andy, you are a star! , guys around you must be so lucky...thanks again.

[quote="Kessa";p="! , guys around you must be so lucky...thanks again.[/quote] Indeed - he seems like a nice boy to me :p

Andy, sorry if my gratitude sounded a bit OTT, i was just so exhilarated at getting my wc's to flush again, for me and my partner Jim...actually it's Carol :) :) :)

I looked at the large header tank in the loft, it was 1/3rd full (outlets well below water level), and float suspended in mid air. I thought it may be the valve so I switched the isolation valve off and replaced the valve. Switched it back on again and still no water feed. Any help/advice appreciated.

Whoops !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back