non-right angle external brick corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. i have designed an extension with an angle not at 90 degrees (site constraints), the bulder / bricklayer has come back to me for ideas as to how to do this. i thought they would have just cut the bricks on site to suit. the angle is acute and 84deg. so it is only 6deg. out. does anyone have any ideas???

Sponsored Links
You could almost lose that amount in the joint but if thats not acceptable cut the angle with an angle grinder.

would it be possible to buld the front wall as a wall end and tie the return wall to it - with mortar joints to suit?

bulder / bricklayer has come back to me for ideas as to how to do this.

Jeeeeez, first the designer now the builder. It's the blind leading the blind.

Does the client know?

Birdsmouth the return :rolleyes:

Or you should have designed a construction joint :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
so this shouldn't have been too tricky for the bricklayer to work out for himself???

i don't get involved with on-site problems and i have seen these types of extensions designed and built before so i didn't realise it would be an issue.

i understand 'birdsmouth' cutting but i don't understand how it would work in this instance?

Polstar, if you designed the building, then you should design and detail how it is put together

That corner can be done bonded, with cuts, with a joint, with specials and a few other ways, and it is not an "on site problem" for someone else ... it is a problem which needs to be sorted out before it even gets to site.

Somebody is paying for this

Now don't do it again :evil:

It will look ok with the bricks slightly offset every other course with a bit of creative pointing.

The main headache will be when it comes to building the roof!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back