North Wales Police seek man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It stood for divinity and spirituality long before the nazis started using it.

The swastika or sauwastika respectively is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia. It is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.
My local underground station, Upminster Bridge, has a swastika in the floor tiles. A popular design when the station was built.

7E085435-EBBE-4FC3-B701-8806925705C8.jpeg

History of the Swastika.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
How about spending time over the next 10 pages discussing how the bloke in the picture came to be the way he is.

How about spending time over the next 10 pages discussing how the bloke in the picture came to be the way he is.

When racism is prevalent on social media, it encourages some to perpetuate that racism. They want to fit in, they want to be part of the gang, they don't want to be ostracised.
Social media has a role, just like a parent, to ensure that acceptable behaviour is shown to be acceptable, and unacceptable behaviour is frowned upon. The 'actors' on social media also have that responsibility. Otherwise racism will be perpetuated, deaths will continue to be repeated, structural inequality will be part of society and institutional racism will survive and prosper.
"I remember thinking it was funny and I was being cool," the 22-year-old tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.
Holly thinks one of the reasons for her behaviour was the influence of her family and friends growing up.

"I went to schools which were majority white, and I wasn't really exposed much to people from other backgrounds."

Groups Holly was part of would be racist towards classmates, and she would "try to fit in".
She adds that her family's racist beliefs affected her thinking.

"They have very white-centric views. I think they believe black people are trying to be more superior, rather than be equal to white people."

But Holly accepts that ultimately, she is responsible for her own actions.

Joe (not his real name) also believes the influences around him affected his behaviour in school.

"I don't feel like my home was a hateful place. But I'd definitely hear the N-word every now and then," he tells Newsbeat.

As he grew older, Joe copied his brothers when they would say racist things.

"Looking back, it was definitely not OK for me to say the things I did."
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-52992534

Last edited:
It is in theory possible to use a Swastika in a non racist manner. As people have said, it has a lot of history before the Nazis.

On the other hand I'm not sure there's ever a good symbol or word that is painted onto someone else's door at night. Blatant racistly motivated criminal damage.

Well disguised via a hat and a mask. I have been wondering when cv19 masks would be used for other reasons. BBC probably the best report - not unusual so get rid of it.

She decided not to erase the graffiti, and believes it will serve as a reminder of "the importance of Black Lives Matter".
"I'm going to leave that thing up there and let my village see it," she said.
"If we wash it away, it's like it didn't really happen and I want people to remember it".

The news will probably bring out many closet this and that tendencies in people. Must admit I like her response but in some areas it might backfire.

Can the RWR use that as part of their defence in court?

No
doubt it would run tbh

Same as certain gangs treatment of girls in this country

Dare say the those groups involved in the abuse of girls in Rochdale Rotherham ect

Could try the it's part of our culture excuse. :idea:

No
doubt it would run tbh

Same as certain gangs treatment of girls in this country

Dare say the those groups involved in the abuse of girls in Rochdale Rotherham ect

Could try the it's part of our culture excuse. :idea:
Transam turns another thread into an attack on Muslims. Predictable. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I spent a bit of time clearing up swastikas, it seems its a Minecraft thing to make them when you go griefing servers (attacking them, causing trouble) and kids really like making a swastika.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back