Notification/Part P etc

• Thread starter PrinceofDarkness
  • Start date
If the buyers think that such a policy will be of any use to them then they are mistaken, and their solicitor should make it quite clear to them what the policy covers.

And what it does not.

The insurance is taken out by the seller, and it covers the buyer against the cost of any enforcement action taken by the council in respect of non-notification, i.e. defending the case and the cost of undoing work and reinstating to the former condition and any loss in value as a result.

And that's all. It does not cover the buyer against any problems arising from the work, e.g. if it was unsafe, and it becomes null and void if the buyer ever asks the council about the work, and I think they often become null and void if the buyer subsequently carries out notifiable work.

It doesn't take much reading of these to see how limited the value of such policies is.

If I were a buyer in that position then no way would I accept an indemnity policy paid for by the seller as the way out of the hole he'd dug for himself, and I can't see how any buyer properly advised by his solicitor ever would.

Sponsored Links
So at least 8 people think that I should not have written the post above.

Does that mean that at least 8 people disagree with what I said about the value of those indemnity policies, and can explain why I (and all the other people on the internet, including professional experts) am wrong?

Does that mean that at least 8 people think that I'd be wrong to refuse to accept such a policy in lieu of proper EICs and Building Regulations completion certificates, and can explain why?

Or does it mean that there are at least 8 utter ****s out there who will stop at nothing to see this entire forum destroyed to satisfy their childish and idiotic desires?

BAS dear, don't take it to heart. It's only a blessed forum......

By the way, have you had your BP checked recently?

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
i imagine the answer is 'never' but ill ask the obvious anyway:-

When will sheddy realise that the thumbs down he is receiving is to do with his attitude and manner of delivery, not the factual bits that he refers to?

still, its all good entertainment :cool:

clicky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back