Octopus want to fit a Smart meter!

Well I signed up to an EON tariff that required for me to accept a smart meter. They kept asking for permission for their guys to fit the smart meter and I just kept ignoring them. Eventually the two year contract expired and I reverted to the standard variable tariff and they never did fit a smart meter and I still don't have one.

Sponsored Links
I am on a split time economy 7 tariff, on from 22:45 to 00:45, back to full tarriff till 02:45, back to economy 02:45 to 07:45. I would lose the split tariff if I had a smart meter fitted and have to go onto 00:00 to 07:00 time for my economy 7. This is not as useful for me so have always refused a smart meter. I'm with Utility Warehouse.

I am on a split time economy 7 tariff, on from 22:45 to 00:45, back to full tarriff till 02:45, back to economy 02:45 to 07:45. I would lose the split tariff if I had a smart meter fitted and have to go onto 00:00 to 07:00 time for my economy 7. This is not as useful for me so have always refused a smart meter. I'm with Utility Warehouse.
I can't comment on your particular situation (particularly given that what you describe is a very unusual type of E7) but, in general, 'smart' meters facilitate far more versatile, and potentially 'dynamic'. multiple-price tariffs.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
the anti-smart meter arguments are a bit lost on me.
It's the same as all the other anti-everything brigade.

The ones that believe coal is a clean fuel, vaccines are spyware, electric cars are worse than diesel, wind turbines kill 1 billion birds per year each, solar panels are mined by children in the DRC, 15 minute cities mean people will be trapped in their homes, batteries are dumped into landfill after 2 years of use, hydrogen will be the answer to everything and so on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back