Odd car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep seeing this car on my route to work. Its a plain white 5 door Astra, with no markings on it. On its roof, there is a small blue light unit, with a horn in the middle. This unit is all one piece, a blue light either side of the horn. I have seen its blue lights in operation once (there may be more than one of these cars). The lights are the old fashioned rotating mirror ones, not the strobe ones. The horn is like a pretend police siren IIRC, it sounds a bit toyish, but people were getting out of its way.

Anyone seen anything like this? Its odd that I see it roughly the same place every day, and it has no markings. I keep meaning to get a look at its occupants. Ideas?

Sponsored Links
I am led to believe its only really members of the emergency services such as Police, Fire, Ambulance, Fell rescue, Coastguard, Cave rescue are allowed to use blue flashing lights, other than that the persons require permission to use them - something makes me think it's permission from the council (but don't quote me!!) for the likes of members of inshore rescue teams.

Spark123 said:
I am led to believe its only really members of the emergency services such as Police, Fire, Ambulance, Fell rescue, Coastguard, Cave rescue are allowed to use blue flashing lights, other than that the persons require permission to use them - something makes me think it's permission from the council (but don't quote me!!) for the likes of members of inshore rescue teams.

nope. its a road traffic regulation, nothing to do with council.

useless fact:
The beacons on most police cars ar ilegal. (but you try tellin them that)

Oh and as for what the vehicle is / maybe

blood / organ donation, customs and excise, oh, here, read it your self

click me

Sponsored Links
See a lot of Fire Brigade officers round here with blue lights fitted.
Some of the larger industrial (chemical) sites also have their own fire/security vehicles with blue lights.

UKAEA (atomic energy) have blue lights on their security vehicles.

Back