Oh the irony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Americans in their gas guzzling 4.5l 4x4's queueing to get away from the effects of global warming.
Now where's that kyoto agreement? :p

Sponsored Links
dabaldie
my best online interweb buddie .... my Ying an his yang .....

on a pirate bbs
we are one an answer partion breaks for friends regarding things d/loads on progs .... an help to recover those needing the last part of a film to reconstruct it ..

this P group were ... ok

but most offer tech support ..
I love that southern fella ...

I was Dodger an him Marlboro man ..

we were legends ...

since when was a hurricane the result of global warming????

Sponsored Links
Fredie.. think of the logic.
Hurricanes gather strength and intensity from warm seas... thats why we get very few here.. and they tend to be located in the middle third of the planet.
The average temperature of the gulf of mexico is 30 degrees c..
thats the highest on record..
the reason.. think about it..
the logic.. the link.. its all there..

You pair need treatment and quick !

1987 hurricane in south of England no warm seas there in October.

I have never heard so much garbage in all my life.

Propaganda rubbish tabloid fairy stories to blame Bush for the worlds ill's

I think world temperatures rose when the coach went up - all those doughnuts.

I am not remotely religious. However, I bet there are a fair few out there who believe that these two storms close together is God's way of telling the US to take pollution/ energy saving etc a lot more seriously, especially if the second does wipe out the oil sites.

securespark said:
I am not remotely religious. However, I bet there are a fair few out there who believe that these two storms close together is God's way of telling the US to take pollution/ energy saving etc a lot more seriously, especially if the second does wipe out the oil sites.

Of late this forum has been a bit boring but i am glad to see all the humour is at last coming back :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

securespark said:
It could be Allah's way of giving them a different message entirely......

These hurricanes have NOTHING TO DO WITH GLOBAL WARMING!!! This statement is supported by a statement form the USA's National Hurricane Centre who's spokesman said this years efforts (and we're only halfway through the hurricane season) is normal cyclical variation and entirely predictable. IF global warming was causing it, why did the hurricanes reduce in intensity through the 1970s (when global warming was supposedly romping along) when compared to the 1950's for example?

The real irony is that the 'states have the idea that when Maderia collapses into the sea, there will be enough time to warn people to get away from the east cost in a few hours, when they can't evacuate round the Carribean given a week's warning.

Oh, that "super-tsunami" possibility? Scary stuff. Makes me glad to live miles from the coast. :eek:

Not sure if hurricanes are directly caused by global warming... I would have thought winds are caused by pressure differentials. Higher temperatures = higher pressure. However, global warming seems to affect everything fairly equally, yet in order for it to stimulate wind effects you would need to make it get hotter in the hot places without getting as much warmer in the cooler places.

Saying all that, it is hypothesised (with reasonable evidence) that the gulf stream system will be greatly reduced/stopped by all the icebergs in the North Atlantic, therefore the UK will get cooler. So perhaps it could happen. Possibly, maybe. :LOL: Do we get any storms caused by cold Scandinavian air hitting warm mediterranean air?

Whether or not you believe in global warming, or you think it is linked to hurricanes, you can't deny that rapidly and artificially changing the climate is a bad thing. Nor that people make easily-avoidable waste. I was in a restaurant on Saturday, I noticed the waiter throwing empty wine bottles in with all the other rubbish! Thinking how much wine a restaurant gets through, that is a senseless waste of resources. Crude oil is a limited resource (although the Russians had a theory about it forming in the ground spontaneously... although I feel I should point at the number of empty vodka bottles in the rubbish bins of the Moscow School of Mines ;) ), so why go pi**ing it up the wall for the sake of it?

Sponsored Links
Back