New sport born?

Sponsored Links
Just an aside, but there is an arguement that says:
All of mans pollution - ever - as in everything ever produced in the history of humanity added together was exceeded by the polution produced by the eruption of Mt StHelens, now if that were true, then when you consider all the volcanic activity across the globe then trying to control polution is futile.
It also puts into perspective the amount of polution produced by cars and the absolute tiny effect of banning 4x4's.
This came from that guru Mr Clarkson, so it must be fact.

Sponsored Links
dg123 said:
This morning on the M40 I a woman driving a 4X4 pulled straight out from the slip road into my path even though the slip road becomes lane 1 and I had nowhere to go as there was traffic in the outside lane - lane 1 was clear! I waited until I could overtake then I pulled in as close as she had done to me - result was lots of flashing of headlights and arm-waving. Why did my manouvre cause such outrage when she more than happy to cause me to brake from 70mph to 40mph?

So you felt justified to repeat her stupid and dangerous manoeuvre, having been outraged that she should place you in such a position?

Hee hee while there all moanin bout them 4x4s They aint moanin bout me fags, me dog me............... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:cool: wonder wht the next moan will be, keeps gordon brown In the shadows.

Dellsmp said:
John - dont talk rubbish, If you only got 5mpg then you shouldnt be allowed to drive anything. any petrol RangeRover will average over 15mpg and can expect 20+ when driven properly, my own 3.5 LandRover has consistently returned in the high teens to low twenties for ten years now, and add to that most of it was done on lpg.
As for banning 4x4's if you dont need one, whats the criteria for owning any car, be it 4x4 or 4x2 or 3x2?
Are we going to have to be assessed on our needs and then told what kind of car we're allowed?
Think carefully about what you are proposing here.
I think you might end up with trabants.
Maybe a little acceptance is needed, perhaps I can justify a need for my LandRover can you justify the need to own a car that can exceed speed limits?
Like I said, Danger on the road is entirely down to the driver, their knowledge of the vehicle thay are operating and their driving ability.
A ten year driving re-test would do more for raod safety than banning '4x4's'.

I think you ought to read again what I said dellsmp. I said that the R R when carring out a brake fade test it only did between 5 - 10 mpg, the test consists of braking from high speed(70 mph) and then accelerating upto high speed again for approx 20 stops and fully laden, so to be able to carry out this test the vehicle has to be driven very hard. So I don't know how any body can justify driving a petrol R R even if driven at sensible speeds.

Ok, so for all the '4x2 driving 4x4 haters' , supposing You're all correct and there is a moral case for restricting my choice of vehicle, what exactly are the criteria for the vehicle I'm allowed to drive?
My situation is that I have a family of 5, my youngest is disabled and requires a wheelchair at all times, we regularly travel with 7 or 8 persons,(relatives, helpers etc), We live on the outskirts of a rural town and I need to tow on a regular basis for my job.
Please could someone come up with a vehicle which satisfies my needs.
Bear in mind that my current vehicle seats 12, has perfect wheelchair storage in the rear, can easily cope with any road situation, and is probably the best tow car in the world. It runs on lpg (for over 8 yrs now), is mostly original after 180 000 miles, still going strong and has never felt dangerous or lost control in 10yrs of driving.
Could one of you experts please provide a detailed list of criteria for the next vehicle I'm allowed, and explanations regarding why.
eg: max length, max height, max width, max weight, emissions, seats, towing capacity, etc.
oh and then explain where freedom of choice fits in.

:LOL:

and your the kind of person who should be allowed one, as i said, you have a decent enough reason.

the people i dont think should have big 4*4s are parents with their one child in the back!

supersparky said:
:LOL:

and your the kind of person who should be allowed one, as i said, you have a decent enough reason.

the people i dont think should have big 4*4s are parents with their one child in the back!
here here!

some wonderful rants an moans here ..Well Done :) :) :)
but my fav is supersparky
nice one mate ..lol :) :) :)

8)
Thanks Moz :)
Mind you , we still havent had a definitive list for the new vehicle allocation system the 4x4 haters want. :LOL:

Dellsmp
no worries mate lol :)

if you can afford the motor ..its a small price .. I think the next big thing will be the yuppie mums in the school runs in scania artics ..lol :) :)

Moz you are going too small and common, they will need a Scammell Mountaineer. Now there's a wonderfull 4*4 or is it a 6*6.
johnwr

Sponsored Links
Back