New sport born?

Cant possibly put granny in the back of a dump truck :LOL:
Although a Merc Unimog is quite a versatile little motor and has the advantage that it would fit on my driveway, could have a Haflinger as a tender :LOL:
Still no list of criteria for the authorities to use when deciding what vehicle you will be allowed to drive when you put your application in, what about you john? does your motor exceed your needs? what will mr prescott allow you to drive under your new regime? I'm alright, I've got two independant approvals for my car already:cool:

Sponsored Links
The Scammell is not a dump truck, it's what the british army us to ferry ammo are the battle fields. Had a drive in one about 8 years ago it was great, it would go anywhere, so would be ideal for Sainsbury's speed bumps or bouncing up the kerbs outside of the brats schools.
I have a Citroen Berlingo, plenty of room and easy to drive. We bought it when the father in law came to live with us 3 years ago, because it's easy for semi mobile old folk to get in and out of. Be he past away before he got to have a ride in it.
johnwr

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jones/1index/16c.htm
Dump truck with snow plough attachment. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

http://www.iddstechnique.nl/berlingo_onderdelen.htm
Berlingo off roader with a v6, not too environmentally friendly :confused:

now you dont need it you'll be trading down to a bicycle????

come on, we all have our own needs and wants for cars, personally I'd prefer a mk1 facelift Capri (always promised myself one!) 3000gt, My first car was a 1600xl, but practicalities dictate otherwise, dangerous cars dont exist, only dangerous drivers, and mums on school runs should walk and not use any car at all :rolleyes:
If you carry on ranting about what car we're allowed to drive then someone (prescott) oneday will set up a scheme to do just that, and I predict you wont like the consequences :cry:

Sponsored Links
I don't think that the Berlingo you have found is on Citroen range ,mine is the second smallest engine.
BTW who's ranting now!!!!
PS got several bikes already. :LOL:

:LOL: rant :LOL:
moi? never ;)
even so, the berlingo on that page IS a citroen. :eek:
and I'm just trying to be reasonable and not force you to drive something you dont want to :cry:

Has anyone got a link to that guy in Australia who converted a fire engine into a camper-van? There was a thread about it some time ago but I can't find it. Now that would be interesting for the school run!

Dellsmp said:
and mums on school runs should walk and not use any car at all :rolleyes:

Well, until you posted that I was on your side! Now that my youngest is 15 he usually walks the 3.5 miles to school but when he is laden down with two PE bags and cookery to carry home, as well as his usual backpack would you expect him to walk as well? I can't walk to help him carry it home as unfortunately I am now registered disabled - this is the result of a stupid woman who couldn't control the Volvo she was driving and just pulled straight into my lane of traffic!

As for 4x4's I have nothing against them when they are driven properly. We live in a semi-rural area so there's loads round here. The farmers and business people who use them for deliveries (loads of those 'Mitsubishi warrior' trucks with a pick up bed at the back) usually drive them OK but the ones who have problems ARE women! Why the hell do they drive them if they are having problems?

I was sat waiting at a junction the other day when this woman pulled up in a 4x4 with blacked out windows, window down (maybe her AC wasn't working haha) and pulled halfway into the middle of the road, no indicators or anything - it was almost "Well, here I am, let me out now, my car is bigger than yours!" I couldn't resist sliding my passenger window down and yelling "Stupid, ignorant cow" at her as I pulled out :LOL:

One of my mates used to have a RR and couldn't drive it. i went out with her in it once (only once, never again) and her attitude was I'm bigger than you, get out of my way :eek: . I felt quite unsafe with her and after that I insisted on picking her up instead LOL

So again, it's not what you drive, it's the way you drive it!

My real bugbear is actually old people driving small cars at 20mph in a 50mph speed limit on the country roads. Now THEY are an accident waiting to happen!!!!

securespark said:
dg123 said:
This morning on the M40 I a woman driving a 4X4 pulled straight out from the slip road into my path even though the slip road becomes lane 1 and I had nowhere to go as there was traffic in the outside lane - lane 1 was clear! I waited until I could overtake then I pulled in as close as she had done to me - result was lots of flashing of headlights and arm-waving. Why did my manouvre cause such outrage when she more than happy to cause me to brake from 70mph to 40mph?

So you felt justified to repeat her stupid and dangerous manoeuvre, having been outraged that she should place you in such a position?

I was merely returning the compliment except I did not cause her to decelerate 30mph in a matter of feet but as a member of the IAM I shouldn't have done it.

Brightness, ah brightness I could do with some this week thanks:cool:
Sorry about the walking thing, but some people drive you to it :LOL:
You are absolutely correct and its horses for courses isn't it?, we all have different requirements and the only danger on the roads are people themselves not the hardware.
Please have a nice day and stay calm :D

Sponsored Links
Back