oil analysis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know where i should start, i am after analizing some food oil

as the company that supplies it states that the oil is pure but i have grave doubts

as the taste and consistency is not like the usual oil i get from other manufacturers.

and the company also is so confident that it states it will give money to whoever proves otherwise. :D

Sponsored Links
i'm basically after ideas as to where to go to get full proof of what is in the product.......

thats H and S isn't it(control of subst.etc)??

how would that help. i need somewhere to analyze it's constituants.

Sponsored Links
what food oil and why do you doubt the validity of their claims?

oils differ as much as wines do..
olive oil for instance can be different depending on when the olives were picked and what part of the olive you press.. ( they press the stones for a cooking oil after they've pressed the olive as a whole for the eating oil...)

thats H and S isn't it(control of subst.etc)??

how would that help. i need somewhere to analyze it's constituants.

Given that it's an oil, I thought the COSHH sheet might have said what's in it that's how.

it's black sunseed oil and if you know what it tastes like then you know,

it just dosent taste right, and a few chef hav confirmed that it's different to normal.

i think they have added some cheap oil(hemp, flax etc) to fill the containers and charge the same as usual rates

but seriously any ideas where ican go , iv been thinking the trading standards might be a good start.

do you agree?

What about asking the chemistry lab at your local college? If it's covered by the Food Act will they not have to list it's constituents somewhere?

pure sunseed oil.. constituents - pure sunseed oil... ( 100% ) ;)

if you don't trust them, change suppliers.. simple..

What about asking the chemistry lab at your local college? If it's covered by the Food Act will they not have to list it's constituents somewhere?

the company just claim pure oil.

once oils mix can they be identified or not? ,, i wonder.

pure sunseed oil.. constituents - pure sunseed oil... ( 100% ) ;)

if you don't trust them, change suppliers.. simple..

i will, if proven they dont do pure stuff, but they say if proven it's not

pure, they will give a handsome amount of cash to prover, well,, thats

their gaurantee anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back