oil analysis

Sponsored Links
Or trading standards, providing they will give a completely definitive and impartial result.

Wotan

and the company also is so confident that it states it will give money to whoever proves otherwise. :D

That's quite a confident claim, as an employee of the firm could tip the wink to a friend/relative and clean up.

Doubt you will ever prove it's not what they claim.

Sponsored Links
Test it on the (inner city) Scottish public as they are experts in all things deep fried.

Glasgow, the heart attack capital of the world, would be a good place to start.

and the company also is so confident that it states it will give money to whoever proves otherwise. :D

That's quite a confident claim, as an employee of the firm could tip the wink to a friend/relative and clean up.

Doubt you will ever prove it's not what they claim.

i totally agree with you and the fact that it might not be so easy, but it's worth a try.

it's also to prove to the sellers that that my suspicions are true and i am right, they say i am i am not.

i'll try TS first but will Email the other companies and ask if they can check it.

lets see what happens.

Might be contaminated with the previous run of foodstuff at the factory?

Newgas, have you a sample of the old oil to compare with the new?

If so you can easily conduct a simple test of your own, called strip chromatography...
two identical strips of blotting paper spaced apart on a sloping glass plate,
one drop (identical size) of each sample dropped at extreme bottom of each strip, samples will climb...observe the results, if constituants are the same they will match if not, they will differ.

Wotan

while you carry out that experiment try to blot everything else out your mind

A quick google for 'sunflower oil analyis lab' came up with 'A NORMAN TATE' and a link to to 'Alex Stuart Ltd' who are based in bootle merseyside.

Newgas, have you a sample of the old oil to compare with the new?

If so you can easily conduct a simple test of your own, called strip chromatography...
two identical strips of blotting paper spaced apart on a sloping glass plate,
one drop (identical size) of each sample dropped at extreme bottom of each strip, samples will climb...observe the results, if constituants are the same they will match if not, they will differ.

Wotan

that is something i might try wotan,

what i'm really after is solid evidence from a lab of some sort,

i will contact the lab's suggested and see if any one of them can sort my problem.

trouble is this takes effort and i am really busy lately :mad:

it'll be good to prove i'm right tho :D

thanks everyon for the input, i'll post what happens either way
to round off.

Sponsored Links
Back