Oil boiler not firing up for water but heating working fine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an oil boiler that was playing up previously like this so I paid to have it serviced last week and had a spark(?) replaced. Total bill was £350! It worked for a few days but went back to the same.... Heating firing up but the water won't fire up at all. Strange thing is it will fire up if we press the control panel quite hard. Does this mean it's an electrical fault?

Rang the guy who said he can come have a look but will charge me a call out again! Don't want to pay him more money to just be told the panel needs replacing and am pretty ****ed I'm £350 down and still no fully functioning boiler!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Both. The boiler hadn't been serviced in approx 10 years! It was faulty as the reset button kept glowing red but it wouldn't fire up at all so we asked for him to fix it and service it

Lots more info if you please.....make and model of your boiler, and a pic or two of the control panel and where you have to press to get it going.
No servicing in 10 years means the whole system would need a thorough clean so no wonder it was locking out!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Both. The boiler hadn't been serviced in approx 10 years! It was faulty as the reset button kept glowing red but it wouldn't fire up at all so we asked for him to fix it and service it

Have you just moved into the property and inherited this boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back