Oil fired central heating

doitall said:
Panjandrum said:
I'm wondering if his boiler is in an external boiler house? If anywhere like mine was it could be pumping CO merrily - environmentally unfriendly, but not really a H&S problem.

You can't assume that until you know.

until you do the boiler is immediately dangerous
Absolutely agree - despite subsequent posts.
I wasn't assuming, just wondering.
I would advise people who must use oil-burning space heaters to make sure they are regularly serviced, and I would also keep clear of smokers. Just how much caution would you like me to confess to!

Sponsored Links
I would advise people who must use oil-burning space heaters to make sure they are regularly serviced,

Fair comment, butI would be surprised if more than a few get them serviced. Who is going to do it? I've never been asked to service one. One benefit of oil burners, is that when they're producing high CO, they smell oily. If it's a conventional flue and you can't easily smell the exhaust, it will probably be getting sooty.

oilman will you come and service my boiler
its making some funny noises
i dont mind paying your exhorbitant rates as long as you quieten the thing down :LOL:

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
I would advise people who must use oil-burning space heaters to make sure they are regularly serviced,

Fair comment, butI would be surprised if more than a few get them serviced. Who is going to do it? I've never been asked to service one. One benefit of oil burners, is that when they're producing high CO, they smell oily. If it's a conventional flue and you can't easily smell the exhaust, it will probably be getting sooty.

And if he inspection plate is hanging off the combustion chamber, the high CO enters the room that the boiler is fitted.

Two weeks ago a family was transported to the RUH in Bath with CO poisoning from an oil fired boiler.

Fortunately there ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back