oil light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Ive got a ford transit 85 T280 SWB.The other day the oil light came on,i checked oil which was very low,topped up with new,and light went off.Now oil light back on and stays on :cry:please help!
ps there does'nt seem to be any leaks

Sponsored Links
Don't start the engine again, you need to get it recovered to a garage so they can fit an oil pressure gauge and physicaly see what the oil pressure is. But it may be oil pump gone or just the switch, fingers crossed for the switch. Precaution is the key here or you may scrap the engine.

Have you been driving it with the oil light on? If so and its not rattling the chances are that the pressure switch is faulty. How low was the oil, was it showing on the dipstick?

Peter

Cheers for the quick replies,
The oil level shows max but oil warning light still on.I have'nt drove it far today about 10miles.i hope its the switch :cry:

Sponsored Links
As long as there was some showing on the dipstick it should be OK, if it had really run out of oil the engine it would sound like a bag of nails, you need a new oil pressure sensor. Its possible that the pressure is low but if there are no unusual noises when driving just fit a new sensor, providing the light goes out then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Peter

I have a 03 Movano 2-2 dti and I had the same problem back in the Summer. I had the oil pressure switch changed but later the same day the light started to come on again. I thought it was an electrical problem until my engine seized up. Oil pump gave up at 73k miles. Get it into a garage quick.

Sponsored Links
Back