Old Dimmer switch

I give up! We have both recommended dimmer and lamp combinations which are known to work and you initially ignored that advice and went with another. I then recommended lamps which I know work with a recommended dimmer, but you would seem not to have taken note of that. Now you are asking if yet another manufacturers lamp will work - how can anyone possibly know unless they bought them and tested them?
Well mate as I have stated I will find it difficult to get it from these retailers

Sponsored Links
But how can you possible expect us to know, without ourselves buying and testing them?
I am asking if you lot would recommend these. Mate I am well aware you don’t have these yourself. If I had the chance I would 100% get yours

Any reason why you actually need a dimmer?
If you was to fit a standard switch, then any bulb that you have purchased will most certainly work with no delay or flicker, Led are cheaper to run so not a major cost issue having not dimming, you seem to have a selection of lamps now, so maybe you can pick a brightness to suit.

Sponsored Links
Any reason why you actually need a dimmer?
If you was to fit a standard switch, then any bulb that you have purchased will most certainly work with no delay or flicker, Led are cheaper to run so not a major cost issue having not dimming, you seem to have a selection of lamps now, so maybe you can pick a brightness to suit.
That is a valid point. A standard switch would give me no problems but I like a dimmer because you can adjust the brightness when needed. The 60W bulb I currently have is dark, its not bright enough

Yeah - but - apart from that they are pointless.
Thats true. I have asked an electrician to have a look at it. If it still flickers might just get a standard switch. Thats the last resort

I do have an iphone which I can use but it will be slightly annoying to go on your phone every-time to adjust the brightness etc.
I need a bayonet b22 cap. Thats a screw type bulb.

My new bulbs came from Amazon. They seem to be working fine. Hopefully they don’t flicker. Its slightly more brighter aswell. Hopefully it performs great!

But its still dark. Its 100w and its still dull

When I change the driving mode it goes bright, then after the brightness dims. I don’t understand why. I have done all the steps on the manual. Is the dimmer not suitable?

I fiddled with the modes and mode 1 worked. It goes fully bright when clockwise and dim when on anti clockwise!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back