Old Dimmer switch

We both provided you with suggested switches which we had found worked, both I think available from SF, but not the same model of switch. SF do sell a number of different dimmer switches, I chose and gave you the link to the one I bought, which works fine and which was able to automatically decide whether to use + or - triggering.

As I explained - finding lamps and switches which play nicely together is a bit of a nightmare, that is why I provided a link to the switch and details of the lamps, via the thread I linked to.
So do you suggest I return this one I got and get the one you recommended from Screwfix? Is this more of a better idea? Which bulb do you use with your switch and does it flicker? Is it because I don’t have a neutral wire in there?

Sponsored Links
I did that already mate. I read the manual. It still slightly flickers

Is there much difference in brightness between a 60 & 75 Watt LED bulb? The 60W bulb I have is not bright enough.

Sponsored Links
Is there much difference in brightness between a 60 & 75 Watt LED bulb? The 60W bulb I have is not bright enough.

These are the lamps I bought - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313257766210?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=612113105878&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

3x 8.8w, which is roughly equivalent to 88w when on full brightness and they are a very room filling bright. A pair and a single work well with the dimmer switch I linked to, except at certain brightness levels, I notice a very random, very occasional, very brief off, then straight back on.

The thing is with dimmers - if the lamps you buy are too bright on full, you can turn them down. You cannot turn too dim lamps up.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
These are the lamps I bought - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313257766210?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=612113105878&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

3x 8.8w, which is roughly equivalent to 88w when on full brightness and they are a very room filling bright. A pair and a single work well with the dimmer switch I linked to, except at certain brightness levels, I notice a very random, very occasional, very brief off, then straight back on.

The thing is with dimmers - if the lamps you buy are too bright on full, you can turn them down. You cannot turn too dim lamps up.
Those bulbs look perfect and look great quality. I wanted warm white but it is out of stock! :[ Do any other retailers do the same bulbs? would the amazon one I showed you be fine?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
My lights starting to flicker even more I have ordered another dimmable LeD bulb

How come when I press my dimmer to turn the bulb on there is a 2 second delay?

I am use to it. I think my lamp holder literally hates LED bulbs.

would this bulb be ok?

TEKLED® A60 LED Bulbs | B22 Bayonet Cap | Energy Saving 12W Light Bulb 100W Incandescent Bulb Equivalent | 2700K Dimmable 1020LM | 2-Pack | Warm White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08SZB1...t_i_6VK0WQ67BXAGH4F1KQGW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I give up! We have both recommended dimmer and lamp combinations which are known to work and you initially ignored that advice and went with another. I then recommended lamps which I know work with a recommended dimmer, but you would seem not to have taken note of that. Now you are asking if yet another manufacturers lamp will work - how can anyone possibly know unless they bought them and tested them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back