Old friend came home!

@Razor900 I was coming home for a week and on the ferry to Liverpool, sitting chatting with Ian Lougher, he was going North too, he says just tuck in behind me when we get off the ferry I know some shortcuts to the M6, I kept up with him till Aintree race course, never seen him again till the next years TT :giggle:

Sponsored Links
I was passing 1000rr’s while fiesta st’s were passing me.
When I stayed there, the company had a deal with the car rental company at the airport we could get Focus STs and Rover MG Zr and ZTs for £40 a day mates used to come over and we would hire a car each, girl at the airport was always laughting saying no racing now we had so much fun in them, great times , I tried all the cars but the MG ZT was my fav, was like a go Kart held the road like glue, could really handle those wee cars ;)

When I stayed there, the company had a deal with the car rental company at the airport we could get Focus STs and Rover MG Zr and ZTs for £40 a day mates used to come over and we would hire a car each, girl at the airport was always laughting saying no racing now we had so much fun in them, great times , I tried all the cars but the MG ZT was my fav, was like a go Kart held the road like glue, could really handle those wee cars ;)
had the chance to go over this year with the same crowd. Being unjabbed I turned it down ,not knowing how the fiasco the other side was going to pan out. Sorry now as it’s basically a free for all I think. No testing required.
And knowing my luck it’ll be a cracking fortnight of nice weather.

will be a really interesting year this year , some huge changes, still the greatest party on earth, remember this from 2010, what could possibly go wrong

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All done and dusted, went for a quick spin on it today.

I'd forgotten how good these bikes really were, can still hold it's own 24 years later.

20220524_151748.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Nice bike but I think my spine would fuse into a different position after half an hour on that!

Compared to modern sports bikes it's actually quite comfortable!.
bought a zx9r 2002 yesterday . fancied something sporty ,was originally after a gsxr 750 but they’re ridiculously expensive even for say a k2. Glad I went with ninja now ,it’s really quite comfy .

Sponsored Links
Back