Old well-loved lamp

20-20 with just a trace of cataract, Harry.....I guess its based on the angle poise design with the parallel linkage visible in the second pic.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Do you guys stay up all night discussing electrics ! :sleep: Will post a pic of the lamp tomorrow but it's in pieces at the mo. so not sure that'll help identification ... will send what I got :mrgreen:

Which on a lamp of what I assume of that age, is unlikely
But the flex itself would count as double insulation for the whole of it's run. That just leaves the lamp holder itself, and how it's constructed.
besides which if it lacks the symbol - it needs to be earthed.
That would be a judgement for the person doing it. From the PoV of a manufacturer, you'd have to go through all the design/test/certification hoops appropriate for the planned market(s). As a DIYer, what matters is that it's safe - a different question to whether it has all the paperwork boxes ticked :whistle:

BTW, the Anglepoises I've seen/used in the past had a small pushbutton switch in the back of the lampshade - not in the mains lead.

Sponsored Links
BTW, the Anglepoises I've seen/used in the past had a small pushbutton switch in the back of the lampshade - not in the mains lead.

Likewise here, except for one I can vaguely remember - a really cheap one, which had wooden arm linkages and used an in line 'torpedo' switch.

The ones I recall were real ones, not cheap copies that didn't balance (seen those as well)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back