On a Downer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know why but I just feel so fed up today.
Got a week off work and have been looking forward to doing some jobs around the house, now today, just don't feel the enthusiasim I should have.
Got a new floor to fit in the front living room, a cot to convert to a cot-bed before the 3 grand kids come later, (they are staying the night), finish off the skirting board in the hall, re-arrange the back bedroom into my computer room/study, replace a fence panel and treat it.
Right now just want to sit here and do naff all.

Ah well, moan over. Got to find some motivation from some where, anyone got any spare. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
dismantled my kitchen over 2 years ago.. still not done it..

so no.. no spare enthusiasm here..

you're missing your mates is all.. working on your own is disheartening.. no one to talk to or joke about with..

you're missing your mates

Err, don't think so! :LOL:

This last week I have virtually been in the workshop on my own with the exception of 3 gobby apprentices!
Some blokes on holiday, some on shifts and some on site leaving me to do the teaching/nappy changing/face wiping routine!
Certainly glad of the break from that believe me! :LOL:

As for working alone, I am one of those people who enjoys my own company. Usually give me a task, give me my ipod and just let me get on with it, I'm as happy as a pig in muck. Oh, and keep the tea flowing! :LOL:
Once I get started I'm alright, its that initial surge I need at the moment.
It will pass, and then there will be no stopping me. :LOL: :LOL:

one of those things, hardest part of going to the gym is picking up the bag when going. Start, and all the demotivation will magically disappear.

Sponsored Links
I know the feeling. Was a bit despondent this week (Wednesday) as we started on the kitchen and it just seemed that everything was taking too long and would never get finished.

Add to that the boiler is on the blink and we have no hot water; the water company had shut our water off as well, as they were working on the street pipes all week, the plumber was due in, there's a hole in the wall that shouldn't be there and the plasterer is due in on Monday (we need to prep for that too) it just felt like "oh feck, too much to do, and no time" (oh, and tiling required)

Wrote down what needed done and in what order, what could be done together and what was dependent upon what else. Woke up in the morning and attacked my list with gusto.

Getting things ticked off the list does help - big job, little job, big job, little job. Makes it easier to be able to see that something's being done.

I should start on that tiling...but can't be ar*ed! :LOL: One more cuppa and I'll go. Honest

Good luck with it!

I've heard that one way is to allocate 15mins (anyone can do 15 mins) and set a timer, then bash at it, and stop when the timer goes. Then have a go at something else.

Have a fling, start an affair. Works for me.

Conny, I was like this over a while ago and put a post on here asking if anybody had any motivation tablets.......................you just cant be a@?~d doing naff all and thats what I did for a few days...rang a old mate up and went real ale testing for the day that was a Saturday.....lounged around suffering all day sunday and then next week picked up again....I think what you need is good day real ale testing.

:D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back