What have you been doing today?

Does anybody else just love getting things done and then enjoying the reward of chilling out afterwards?
I don’t mind the chillin', it’s the getting things done that I’m not too keen on.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Been out to a couple of local electrical stores and given them a list of the items I want for my kitchen refit as well as sending off one online. Two ovens, an induction hob and a fridge freezer. I’d already priced them up on the net at different retailers finding the best prices out there. They’ve both come back to me. One of them is £50 cheaper for the whole lot but another is £150 cheaper plus they are throwing in a pair of telescopic oven rails (a £70 accessory from Neff) as well as a set of Neff induction pots and pans. Just waiting for the online one to come back next week but it looks like I’ll be going with one of the local suppliers.

Popped over the allotment quickly to pick some asparagus for tomorrow’s breakfast and some rhubarb to make a crumble with, after tonight’s tea. It was a bloody lovely crumble with lashings of vanilla pod custard. Mmmm but I’m feeling rather stuffed!

Bought a cover yesterday for the caravan, to protect it whilst parked in my drive, from the weather/birds/tree sap from the over hanging trees. We've been checking the fit, today, as well as practising exactly how you get such a massive yardage of material on, off, and back in its bag.

Bought a cover yesterday for the caravan, to protect it whilst parked in my drive, from the weather/birds/tree sap from the over hanging trees. We've been checking the fit, today, as well as practising exactly how you get such a massive yardage of material on, off, and back in its bag.

Das why I could never get on with condoms.

Sponsored Links
Went for a walk earlier which included passing the McLaren technology centre

IMG_6926.jpeg

For years, I have struggled with a replacement ill-fitting dc plug end, on my spare laptop, the one I keep in the caravan for use whilst away. It wasn't quit the correct internal diameter socket, so it was hit and miss for charging, but the only plug available at the time. I finally found a complete dc plug, complete with lead, a few weeks ago, so ordered it, and researched how to actually get into the 'brick' PSU.

Some suggested screwdrivers, to lever the two halves of the glued case apart, others suggested dribbling petrol along the joint, would release it. The only petrol in the tractor, and it would mean paddling along the still soggy lawn, to where I keep the tractor at the back, so I tried 'alternative methods'. I used a Stanley knife blade, tapped with a hammer along the joint, with the 'brick' held in the vice, to break the glue. Worked absolutely fine, soldered new lead in, with my Portasol, reassembled and it works fine, so reglued the case together with superglue.

Then Avril came in the workshop, complaining one of her solar lights on the wishing well, wasn't working, despite her finding a break in the wire and twisting the wires back together. They are those with the ultra-fine pair of enamelled copper wire to the LED's. What she hadn't realised was - the wire seems to be just bare copper, but it is actually enamelled - so out with the Portosol again, to repair that.

Other than that, I've been keeping an eye on the work taking place at the very end of our back garden, where Railtrack have been carrying out works, to extend their base working compound. They've been doing lots of earth moving the past few days, obviously levelling where their compound will go, and moving the earth into a massive pile, just along our back fence line, using some massive diggers, and earthmovers. One of the earth movers is on tracks, but the entire upper body, cab etc. rotates, and the bucket tips. The pile of earth gradually slopes up, left to right at the back of us, to around 4 or 5 metres. Not complaining, it helps to reduce the noise from the trains in the cutting, even more than it did before.

Been moving a triple light switch 1.25” to the right. A lot of careful chasing out of the wall. Repositioned back box, first fill of quick drying cement while I have a cuppa. Next stage some filler to finish it off. Hopefully that will be dry enough to fit the switch back on before it gets dark.

Been moving a triple light switch 1.25” to the right. A lot of careful chasing out of the wall. Repositioned back box, first fill of quick drying cement while I have a cuppa. Next stage some filler to finish it off. Hopefully that will be dry enough to fit the switch back on before it gets dark.
No chance. Second fill tomorrow. Still, I got to use my new laser level. (y) :mrgreen:

All done. Now dead centre of where my larder unit will go and the doorframe. Feeling pleased with myself. Prettay, prettay, prettay pleased. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6345.jpeg
IMG_1428.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back