one drill bit drills all

If you were going to a show where you knew those people would be there it would be fun to take a lump of flint... :mrgreen:

Anyway - Bosch are a reputable make, and they don't claim "everything" for their multi-bits, they don't even include granite, which they do for the CYL-5.

screenshot_194.jpg

I do wonder how good it would remain for doing sheet metal after it had been used on concrete a few times...

Sponsored Links
Yes, you cannot change the laws of physics... Drilling through concrete for instance has by nature to be a sacrificial process.... must be... because the drill goes blunt.... therefore re-sharpening the drill.. another sacrificial process, must by definition remove material... hence by simple deduction, re-sharpening a drill must change it's diameter / other parameters..

The cost of quality bits, i.e. the ones stated above, which look good quality... < £17 for a selection, I really, really cannot understand why anyone would entertain the idea of resharpening.

Do you darn your socks?

Ah ,sorry to disappoint Eddie but I can say yes to both those questions. I re sharpen dull or broken drill bits and darn socks. I also re sharpen saws , patch clothing , recycle gravel and timber and all sorts of things. I must be a big disappointment to producers :LOL:

Ah ,sorry to disappoint Eddie but I can say yes to both those questions. I re sharpen dull or broken drill bits and darn socks. I also re sharpen saws , patch clothing , recycle gravel and timber and all sorts of things. I must be a big disappointment to producers :LOL:

fair enough, different strokes etc.. :D

Sponsored Links
I purchased these drills at last years Classic Car Show for £40, but recently discovered that the box contained 2 off No:9 drills and no No:10.
I have been in touch with Terry Hilder, Director/Accounts Manager Triple X Trading Ltd re sending the No:10 drill. I got no reply to my first email and when I sent a second he replied 'This should have already been sent' but 2 weeks on and still no goods.
A third email was sent (no reply again), and I expressed my concern about the validity of their warranty statement when they could not honour a simple mistake in the original box.
From my experience if your thinking of buying these drills stay well clear of this supplier, it looks like I am not the only one to have had problems with them.
Communication is all one sided 'YOURS' they will not reply.

the bosch drills are excellent carry stock for aerial installers, telecom engineers etc drilling a door frame with nails inside, or grinding out for one or two red plugs for a socket. if I was doing lots of holes in sheet metal and concrete I'd use the correct bits for each job.

I generally have a rule of not buying miracle products after an impressive demonstration at a show. I broke this rule with Triple X Trading drill bits. I bought them a few months ago but only recently tried to use them. Using a sensible drill speed I found them to be utterly useless. The tips lasted a matter of seconds before either breaking off completely or chipping and ceasing to cut. Triple X Trading ignore my e-mails.

Be warned they are a complete waste of money. I am going to take them back to the next show I attend. I will keep you posted!

The cost of quality bits, i.e. the ones stated above, which look good quality... < £17 for a selection, I really, really cannot understand why anyone would entertain the idea of resharpening.

Do you darn your socks?
Well I don't darn my socks any longer but I do repair my work trousers, etc. Sharpening isn't that difficult on many tools and as a tradesman I'd be ashamed if my tools weren't sharp and ready for use. So like a lot of more experienced guys I know how to maintain my tools and I spend time to do this, after all who'd throw away a £12 chisel when it was blunt rather than sharpening it?

What I do know, though, is that there is no such thing as a one size fits all tool (or one drill drills everything drill)

Last edited by a moderator:
Drill Bits.jpg
Late to this party but just a warning to others who might be tempted (conned) to buy these. Bought a set for £40 at the NEC Bike Show. The demonstrations were extremely convincing ie drilling a hammer head. It must have been heat treated to soften it or was it made of plaster? Same when drilling car brake discs. Anyway - the picture shows my first use drilling a 2mm galvanised mild steel window bracket with the 7.5 and 8mm bit. Took quite some time and both bits are now damaged. The 8 mm Makita bit went through like a hot knife through butter. The old adage of "if it's too good to be true it probably is" springs to mind. I won't bother wasting £4.95 to get the same rubbish returned it just isn't worth it.

Last edited:
If they were really so good every tradesman in the world would be singing their praises. Oddly, they don't......

They simple supply you with avarage bits which wear out and charge you postage costs which are so high they cover the cost of them sending out replacements under guarantee while still making a big profit on them.
A bit like selling an ever lasting saw [maybe worth £5) but guaranteeing if it ever goes blunt you will replace free just for £30 postage and packing.

Last edited:
That would be an OK deal provided they didn't charge more than the saw was worth in the first place...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back