one drill bit drills all

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I was taken in by the amazing TV demo on 'Ideal World' too - and the 10yr warranty was the clincher for me, used them on wood, they did the job but had to apply a lot of pressure to go through. I then had a job to move a TV aerial bracket in a loft, but screws holding it on were rounded off - "I know I'll use my 'Drill All drill Bits' to drill out the screws" - broke 2 of the indestructable drill bits trying - used angle grinder in the end. Now I have 2 broken drill bits - do I spend the money returning them + send a cheque for £4.95... hmmm... I just put there postcode PL1 1SB into Google Maps and 91 Mayflower Street,Plymouth,Devon is a Mail Box shop - Alarm Bells ringing! Has anyone tried to return them and got new ones back?

Yep my missis bought me a set at the lincs show tried to use one it bust if the show was still on I'd have took em back and shoved em up the conning sods arse

Just to add my 2p to a now aged thread...

I am 50:50 at the moment as the 10mm drill bit went through strong brick not on hammer and the 5.5mm drill bit melted in the same brick, again not on hammer.

When the lady wife said about it on ideal world I thought oh well give em a go but they cant do a red plug hole so not a lot of use. Definately not worth the postage cost, might hang on to the busted ones though and change them if I ever catch a live demo somewhere.

Can't understand how you can be undecided - out of two drill bits one worked and the other one didnt. If you bought two ultra cheap crappy bits from toolstation you'd expect both to work and they would.

Undecided? lets just say the jury is still out. I have drilled two holes, one worked the other didnt, its always possible that I had a faulty drill bit. Alternatively its possible that the larger drill bits work fine and the small ones are useless, until I try and drill a few more holes though I wont know.

Would I recommend them or buy some more or pay the postage for a replacement drill bit? nope not in a million years.

Just another in the long line to be suckered by the slick sales demo at the Ideal Home Exhibition in March this year!

These bits are probably only good for stirring paint or for use as tent pegs, although i wouldnt want to risk them on stoney ground !

I have sent email asking for full refund as goods dont live up to the description.

Interestingly they have diffenety address on our company credit check website and I will be going out of my way to hand deliver these faulty items !

The drill all drill bits are advertised as coming with a lifetime warranty. On buying them, the piece of paper inside the case says 10 year warranty. Is that a lifetime? I've read all the awful reports about these drill bits but I have just tried one for the first time. I drilled a hole through a piece of glass and then through some stone. Good so far, but waiting for the bad things to happen! The £4.95 charge to replace any faulty item indicates they are a small and probably unreliable company. If the goods are faulty, no charge should be made. Finally I have searched the address 91 Mayflower Street, Plymouth and it is Mail Boxes etc. i.e a virtual address - When I have encountered these type of addresses before I have found the companies who use them are too small to offer back up service and can disappear overnight.

Website is setting off my bulls**t detectors mate.

"Cryagenacally frozen to 1100 degrees the Drill All Drill Bits are made to last !!

Most Drill Bits get damaged when they get hot but because the Drill All Drill Bits withstand upto 1100 degrees they dont "

CryOgenics is about freezing temperatures, how would it stop a drill getting hot unless you kept it frozen?

10 year guarantee? Will the limited company exist in 10 months never mind 10 years. Looks like a quick flog off of rolson drill bits.
The drills do work very well, but, I broke one trying to drill stainless steel. As it was still under the 10 year guarantee I sent it back to the address included with the drills. The company was wound up in 2010. Tried to get replacement from Ideal World who sold them, many different people responded to my many emails, all passing the buck !! They will not accept responsibility for their product. As they still advertise them they obviously have a new manufacturer, maybe they will also close down in a years time.

These drills work well for me. I blunted a few of the smaller ones trying to use them like a high speed drill bit. I have found they cut through metal better on a slow speed without the hammer action on. They grind rather than cut.
I just sent off 6 blunted drills last week and they were back by return of post.
I particularly like the shape of the drill this stops it slipping like the round shank ones do.
Overall I am very pleased with them. They cut into concrete and hard brick like butter. Also drilled quite a few tiles with no tile breakages . Metal is the difficult material but as I have said the slow speed works better than fast.

i have never used a shopping channel
but one trick to watch is the phone costs as these are often greater than the cost off the item as in expensive cost or even you dont get through if its a dropping price so pay for the call but have no goods

In my experience, much of the stuff they have on these "buy it now" channels is warehouse overstock or "tat" from the Far East (possibly one is the other!)

I bought a cordless drill kit for £39.95 + delivery. The "kit" was a case with a few HSS drills, masonry drills and screwdriver bits. All were soft as the proverbial, and lasted one, or exceptionally two, uses. The power supply for the charging dock was Euro, not UK, and, had I not already had a Schuko/UK converter this would have been another necessary purchase. Time alone (just over a year) told that the whole lot was garbage. I cut my losses and bought a Li-ion hammer drill (only) for under £100. I buy drill bits as I need them, but keep a cheap set for immediate use.

It is high time the television channels were made vicariously liable for any sub-standard product they sell. A few high-profile prosecutions with fines running into millions might well focus their attention.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back