One more part p question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
simply I read that once an electrical job is complete and 6 months has passed you no longer need to send off the certificates to building control, is this correct or just a gossip?

secondly (for example) if I carried out a job without notifying building control etc could I then get someone to carry out a PIR to overcome not notifying building control in the 1st place or again is this gossip?

Sponsored Links
A little bit of chienese whispers there.

If you have failed to notify (and its not like you have dont some very bad work and injured someone etc) then after 6 months have passed you are safe, they cannot come and lock you up and throw away the key anymore! Non-compliance with the building regs is a summary offence, and like most of them the case has to be layed before a magistrates court within 6 months (its protection against the legal system getting 'bunged up')

Other summery offences include many road traffic act violations, sex in a public toilet, etc

If something has failed to be notified, it can be notifed at a later date in a 'regulisation application', ovbviously they need to be satsified that the technical requiresments have been met and for foundations etc they may come and dig some holes to check them, etc, for part P, a PIR would be the logical way of proving complience, however it depends what your LABC want...

That's OK, I can rewire my house without notification, speed down the road & get caught mosterbaiting in a public place, then. But maybe not all in one day.... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back