One Ring Failing - Anything I can check?

It is for 7 sockets in a living room and study - with nothing that draws much. He said even if I needed to I could run a couple of Electric heaters.
If it's enough for you, then fair enough, but, as I said, it's very unlikely that it could not have had at least a 20A MCB.

Strictly speaking, a 16A MCB is not quite adequate for two 2kW heaters (e.g. fan heaters) and only adequate for just over one 3kW one.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
It's a radial 16a is perfectly safe.
Of course it's safe - and adequate provided the OP does not need more than 16A worth of load. 20A would almost certainly also be safe - it would only be 'not safe' if the ring that was turned into the radial was itself non-compliant.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I sense some tension between JohnW2 and DS...
I don't personally have any 'tension', but he's certainly been writing some rather odd things to me (not only in this thread), some of which I don't fully understand - maybe it's a Friday phenomenon!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back